Phone very hot when using gps?

tim3477

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else one get very hot when using navigation or gps for extended time. Soon as I turn it off it cools down. Guessing that's the deal with the aluminium?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else one get very hot when using navigation or gps for extended time. Soon as I turn it off it cools down. Guessing that's the deal with the aluminium?

Posted via Android Central App

Yes and also GPS is usually a strain for most phones. My S2, S3, and even iPhone back in the day heated up when using the GPS for extended time.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

slopeslider

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed the heating issue also. Does yours charge when using the GPS? I have the HTC car dock and noticed using either google maps or waze that the phone won't charge, it will either stay the same amount of charge or loose charge. Never had this issue with my iPhone.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not just the aluminum but the processor and gps chip working hard just millimeters from the case with no cooling. Plastic phones heat up too.

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I also have the same issue on my Experia Z, mostly when I download something that takes a while like a torrent file, or stream videos for ling time, it's not supposed to happen under normal use though.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed the heating issue also. Does yours charge when using the GPS? I have the HTC car dock and noticed using either google maps or waze that the phone won't charge, it will either stay the same amount of charge or loose charge. Never had this issue with my iPhone.

Something about a one amp USB charger not being able to supply charge quite as fast as the battery drain of the 4.7 inch hd display.

sparkly flea

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I left Waze on accidentally today and was roaming around at a birthday party walking and my **** was getting very warm until I realized what was going on. Guess that will be a good thing in the winter.

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Definitely. When using GPS in conjunction with G Maps it all heats up, especially when it's 96 degrees. I turn on the a/c for my phone, not myself!

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 4 heats up when using Google maps. Think it's simply a combination of a demanding app and quad core processor. Don't think it's anything to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49