Car/Dock App

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My One didn't come with those apps. Am I the only one and how do I get them?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I am not certain, but believe if you insert your one into a car dock, then the car dock app will already be there. A car dock has a special USB connector (specialized in that it is magnetized) that "awakens" the car dock interface.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It may be worth your while to browse through the Play Store and find a solid third party app. There are many better than the stock option in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
What I don't understand is how my Vivid came with them both but the One didn't. I have read post from other One owners regarding Car mode. I am just wondering if they downloaded an app or was it pre-installed on their device.

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
What I don't understand is how my Vivid came with them both but the One didn't. I have read post from other One owners regarding Car mode. I am just wondering if they downloaded an app or was it pre-installed on their device.

Once again. The App is already in your phone. It will only launch when you insert a USB connector that has a magnet behind it (a car dock).

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I have a HTC One and the Car app app was pre-installed. Here are some screen shots of my phone to show you.

Screenshot_2013-07-21-20-50-09.png
Screenshot_2013-07-21-20-50-18.png

Screenshot_2013-07-21-20-50-39.png

The phone does not have to be connected for a dock for this app to run. I'm sat in my house in front of the PC and runs fine. It may auto start when connected to a dock but I can't test that out as I don't have a proper car dock in my car, just a cradle.

The app should be on every HTC One as standard. I've seen some other threads where people couldn't find certain apps like the TV Remote app and we managed to find out that the apps were just hidden.

If you go to your main app screen and then hit the menu button you can choose which apps are hidden by selecting them, it might be that your car app is hidden by default for some reason. Take a look and let us know.

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I went and checked there as well as in the settings under all apps, nothing. I don't remember seeing it when I got the phone. Crazy.

Edit-----

Ok, its under all apps, grayed out. It shows disabled, notification is checked. But I can not select anything. Do I need to reset all apps?

Boat Racer

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the HTC One car dock and the Car Dock app first appeared to me for the first time when I plugged in the phone to the car dock. It's an "okay" car dock app but I prefer Car-Home Ultra as a better car dock app which you can get from the Play Store.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Someone will have the .apk for the car app somewhere. Google it.

Posted via Android Central App

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
If you are on AT&T, it is hidden. I think AT&T pushes their AT&T Drive mode app. Nevertheless, it is there. If you open your phone with another launcher you should see it.

I use Car Home Ultra. It is much better than the stock app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2