HTC One keep vibrating without any reason !

Sheak Faisal

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
My one month old HTC One is keep vibrating without any reason.Suddenly it starts vibrating and then dont stops until i shut down the phone.Even when i switched off the phone and then i just touch the screen it stars vibrating again without any reason.I have already reset the whole set but its not working .I also tried by updating the software but its also not working.

What should i do now? Normally i am a apple user and this is the first time i thought i should try the new HTC one. But if the phone shows problem within one month like this what should i do now!!!
As a new user i am dissatisfied .

Any one can please give me any kind of solution?
Thanks

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Have you installed a Lock Screen replacement? I had a similar problem when I installed a Lock Screen replacement that was similar to a jailbreak iPhone app I had (Don't remember the name). Once I un-installed the app, problem solved.

Depending on what carrier you have, there may no be any software to update too...

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
If he reset the phone, then the Lock Screen program would not be installed, so I don't think that's the problem. Anyway, there are two options that come to mind: 1. While its doing this, turn your volume all the way down, then back up. 2. Go back to AT&T and get a replacement.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This may help you as I had a similar problem. If you are using SwiftKey, turn of vibrate with key press. It would sometimes cause non stop vibration until a restart until i trcked down this interaction with the phone.
If you are not using SwiftKey with vibrate on key press, just ignore.

mark downie

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been having a similar problem, but just since Tue 23rd July. Mine just vibrates for a few seconds, but it does stop itself. Does it even when on Aircraft and full Silent. I wondered if it had anything to do with the android update at the start of the week?

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I had this happen when I first got mine and it was due to some app I had downloaded. I cannot remember which one it was. I would uninstall the most recent ones u loaded and see if it solves the problem.

Scott Weatherby

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My one month old HTC One is keep vibrating without any reason.Suddenly it starts vibrating and then dont stops until i shut down the phone.Even when i switched off the phone and then i just touch the screen it stars vibrating again without any reason.I have already reset the whole set but its not working .I also tried by updating the software but its also not working.

What should i do now? Normally i am a apple user and this is the first time i thought i should try the new HTC one. But if the phone shows problem within one month like this what should i do now!!!

Thanks

Scott Weatherby

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Shealk
I too have the same thing happened with my 2. month old HTC1
I've also been through every possible setting only to haveing to power down so I don't throw this top rated phone out the window.
I'm hoping to get back to the states and have an answer waiting.
Scott

YearlyTraveler

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I get the same thing with gtasks and calendar reminders on my m8. And text notifications. I'm using the HTC default calendar. Bought it 3 weeks ago. My reminders and notifications vibrate, but then they continue to vibrate every 15 seconds until i go in and close them.

Any way to stop this, even happens in silent mode.

Arpeggi Lee

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Being tortured by my non-stop-vibrating HTC One

Wondering if you've found the fix, besides throwing it out the window.

Mine started at 3am and wouldn't stop till later on in the evening after the battery died, it still went on for a couple of hours.
As soon as it touched the recharge for a moment, it started vibrating again.

Tried factory reset. Still vibrating.

Call HTC customer service, was on the phone for 45mins. Total. waste. of. time.

Has anyone found the cure?!?!

Desperately, needing sanity from the possessed device.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I am having same issue its mainly on notifications page, tried everything to turn them off but still every email every message I get it it vibrates none stop. Then i click on notification and it stops very annoying.

My phone is M8 running latest updates and Go Launcher as launcher.

cubeegg

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I get the same thing with gtasks and calendar reminders on my m8. And text notifications. I'm using the HTC default calendar. Bought it 3 weeks ago. My reminders and notifications vibrate, but then they continue to vibrate every 15 seconds until i go in and close them.

Any way to stop this, even happens in silent mode.

SNAP. Exactly the same issue. Anyone got a fix? It's driving me mad.

jlnunez89

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, this just happened to me 2 days ago.

After doing some reasearch I decided I would open up the One and take a look for myself... hell, I would've even ripped off the vibrator since it was driving me crazy.

Fortunately, I found a youtube video of some guy showing how to open the One using an ATM card (just google HTC One ATM card) and I managed to get it open without damaging or leaving marks on the sides.

Upon inspecting the circuit I quickly figured out that the vibrator cables were being squeezed together against the phone's back cover, to a point of causing a short and hence, endless vibration. I just moved them aside into a near gap, then placed a really tiny strip of tape to make sure they didn't move.

I placed the cover again (no glue needed) with a little bit of pressure...aaaand the One works fine now :)

Overall I deem this a very easy fix. Still, best of luck to anyone experiencing this and attempting it!

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
PLEASE! I'm seriously going to destroy my device if it continues any longer! Please... Somebody... Anybody, who went through this problem... Please let me know what your conclusions were! Tell me what to do. Let me know, Good or bad how this problem ended for you. I can't imagine that all of the previous posts (some very old) still have the same issue and same phone. Is there a fix or do I power down and buy a replacement as soon as At&t opens? Desperate for HELP.

qazxwedc123

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Figured it out - settings / accessibility / notification reminder. Turned that off and we are good now.

Notification reminder constantly reminders you there's a notification to check. Great for people with certain disabilities who may miss a notification.

mykel57

May 3, 2016
Visit site
OMG U were sent from vibrating heaven I was about to rip my phone apart like the one post explained because m,ine has been doing that for about 4 months now, my wife was about to divorce me but she bought a gun instead......LOL Every time it would vibrate, which was 2-short BUZZ - BUZZ every 20 seconds on que every minute of every hour of every day of every month, and I, 4 obvious reasons, had 2 sleep with one eye open at all times. My wife wouldn't have had to shoot me because in another day or two I would have taken the gun away from her and flipped a coin - heads the phone, tails.... well I don't need to give graphics do I???? So I'd like to thank U from the bottom of my heart in one post you managed to save 3- things..... My marriage, my phone and most important - My HEAD....... so if ever U need a favor ......:)

Dheeru indolia

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: HTC One keep vibrating without any reason ! my htc one m7 also vibrating .....

Thanks

Dheeru indolia

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: HTC One keep vibrating without any reason ! my htc one m7 also vibrating .....

My htc one is also vibrating without reason automaticly and not to be stop for a long time like 2_3 hours whait i do...