Proximity sensor

bbasra

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm having a issue with the proximity sensor on my htc one. I End up disconnecting calls or loudspeaker.

The proximity sensor is on the top left of the phone and i normally put my ear against the top right f the phone as I wear glasses. Since i have small ear's, the sensor doesn't get covered. Normally the sensor is near the ear piece so never had this issue.

Do Need to re-adjust how to use the phone or is my phone faulty.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya I've noticed a few issues with my sensor also.. I have to hit the power button to wake my screen after pulling the phone from my cheek when on a call.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I had the same issue too. Now I just hold the phone so that the proximity sensor is in the middle of my ear. I haven't had the issue since I started doing this

Posted via Android Central App

JoshShep

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, other people having the same problem, this was driving me crazy! Got a brand new replacement One today and it's got the same issue.

So I need to put the sensor in the middle of my ear?

bbasra

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I guess this is not much of a issue if you use your right ear. I use my left so need the sensor in the middle or the right.

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I feel like it has a mind Od it's own, I downloaded the proximity checker in the party store and only works when it wants to. Im using auto screen on and it's very buggy

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm it seems to work okay for me on either side.. I'll double check later to be sure.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I feel like it has a mind Od it's own, I downloaded the proximity checker in the party store and only works when it wants to. Im using auto screen on and it's very buggy

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

What app was it you used?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have read there are issues with the proximity sensor, there is an XPosed Mod that is supposed to fix it if you are rooted and are running the XPosed installer (if you don't know what that is you likely are rooted) but I have yet to run into this and I have made a number of calls on mine.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Checked mine today. Screen was shutting off properly.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL