Just asked my carrier about 4.2 for the HTC One and this was there reply...

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You didn't answer the question.....

So I can only assume that getting 4.2.2 is nothing more than a status symbol in Android for you. Our phones run amazing. And 4.2.2 doesn't add anything ground breaking. So what's the point in stressing over it...other than to say you have it?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Maybe it's not "stress" but "excitement"!

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda bummed because I bought my One from HTC unlocked so I can get the latest updates from them. It seems like its ready but for some reason we havent recieved it here (US) yet.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Does the One get expandable notifications too? I thought HTC might've removed those things too.

Its present in the sense 5 4.2.2 ROMs I've used including the modaco switch dual boot ROM I'm on now... And loving.

HTC One - MoDaCo.switch /ARHD 12.1 & GE 2.0 + Bulletproof
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure those are present in 4.1.2. Just pinch to expand or swipe down with two fingers.
Crap.. I didn't even know about this. I remember reading about it somewhere and trying the two-finger-swipe, but I think it didn't work so I thought I just didn't have that feature.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
This, if true, is somewhat of a bummer for me. I can't wait a little longer for the 4.2.2 OTA to arrive in my US unlocked One but I don't like the notion of skipping this update.

The one single thing I'm waiting for in 4.2.2 is the ability to remove the option bar. Features like quick toggles or the battery percentage are easily solved with other apps but only a few mention the new 1-file per Zoe and the AF/AE lock enhancements in the camera as something they are waiting. These make the overall One experience better and I see no reason to skip 4.2.2 and go to 4.3 when we can't be sure there will be a timely release.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This, if true, is somewhat of a bummer for me. I can't wait a little longer for the 4.2.2 OTA to arrive in my US unlocked One but I don't like the notion of skipping this update.

The one single thing I'm waiting for in 4.2.2 is the ability to remove the option bar. Features like quick toggles or the battery percentage are easily solved with other apps but only a few mention the new 1-file per Zoe and the AF/AE lock enhancements in the camera as something they are waiting. These make the overall One experience better and I see no reason to skip 4.2.2 and go to 4.3 when we can't be sure there will be a timely release.

I'm sure ALL those features will/would be present in 4.3 :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
WOW!
A lot of you guys made some real great points and I went on a liking spree!!

Well, to be honest, I think my ONE runs great the way it is. I bought it for its features but mainly because it's a phone. It's fast. It's sleek. It makes calls. It gets on the internet. Apps work. But most important, it lasts all day while making those calls, checking email, and surfing. Sure! I want 4.2.2 and 4.3 would be better! I paid for it so I do want the update as soon as it can be released but it's not a requirement as the phone is phenominal as it is.

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The fixing of the Zoe's is worth the update alone, well, that and the removal of the menu bar.

My G+ album is full of too many pictures from the Zoes i've tried out!

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
An "early fall" release might not be so bad of a wait for those who bought the One GE, but the rest will likely be waiting until 2014, after the carriers get through messing with it. Personally I'd find being placed on an upgrade cycle that was based on a version released in October 2012 (v. 4.1.2) all the way to 2014 for the next version totally unacceptable. Unpleasant surprises like these are the very reason why I'm so leery of carrier locked smartphones. Custom ROM's in today's world of more advanced and refined official android software should be a hobby, not a fix or solution.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
anyone take the new update for the Sprint version of the HTC One its 238 megabytes so it seems pretty substantial

Philip Pearl

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked One that I bought a few weeks ago direct from HTC. Here's the reply I received yesterday to my inquiry regarding 4.2.2, a classic "lawyer's answer" if I ever saw one:

I understand why you would like to know the release date of Android OS 4.2.2; I will gladly bring some clarity to the situation at hand.

HTC no longer announces dates for release of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software.

Philip, do not hesitate to email us back if you have further inquiries or concerns.

Remember you can also contact us through HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Tablets or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 8AM to 1AM, 7 days a week.

Thanks for supporting our products and services!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
My sprint one is awesome as is! But I sure wish they would hurry up and release the 4.2 update so we can have the 4.3 when will we get it threads ad-nauseum!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting better reception. Call's seem to be much clearer. My bedroom is a no call zone lol where no one can hear me on the phone, until this update

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
just a small update to my post. I contacted htc about a timeframe for 4.2 on my factory unlocked One. They told me that despite buying it unlocked from htc.com I was still at the mercy of my carrier, which is att. being fairly new to android I thought buying the phone upfront and unlocked from htc would get me updates from htc when they were done. so I was pretty bummed to get that news from them. it doesn't make sense to me but it is what it is. I guess ill turn to maybe rooting my phone to get 4.2, ive never done it and it seems a lot more difficult than jailbreaking a iphone.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It's really not too difficult. Definitely harder than iPhone though. I have 4.2.2 installed right now and there's definitely some great improvements. Google qbking77, he's got some great videos showing you step by step how to do it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am converting my 64GB DE to a 64GB GPe this weekend, root, twrp and when 4.3 GPe rolls out I will flash the stock recovery for GPe and upgrade that day. Easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol