sucked out the battery life

blueanxiety

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased an Energizer Instant Charger - supposed to power your phone when you don't have electricity around by 3 AA batteries. It came with 3 AA batteries and so I put them in and tested it by putting my HTC One (which had about 40% battery life already) into the micro USB slot. Saw the orange light to indicate that it was charging and powered the Energizer charger to turn it off. Next thing I know, my phone is completely dead - 0% battery. I only had the charger in for 10 seconds, if even that.

So what gives? Anyone ever had this issue with those instant/compact chargers'? I'm too scared to plug the battery charger into another device, as I'm not sure if it's killing my battery on my devices.

I purchased it on LivingSocial and there is a no refund policy - the money for the Energizer piece I'm not really concerned about, it's more about my HTC One and the battery...

Any thoughts?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Very weird. Have you tried your normal wall charger to see if it revives it?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Um....maybe it used your phone to charge the AAA batteries...:) If that's the case, You have fully charged AAA's to use in another device....