mediaserver (audio_4 out) wakelock

undertrip

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
hi
according to gsam battery monitor mediaserver mostly audio_4 out is draining my battery like 20% which is so huge for not using the phone

so anybody know what causes this huge wakelock ? and how to solve this issue ?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Your pictures are too pixilated to view, at least in this app.

Just for fun, clear cache and data in your YouTube app, then report back.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I did click on the thumbnails. They were unreadable in my device. Did you try clearing YouTube?

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
hi
according to gsam battery monitor mediaserver mostly audio_4 out is draining my battery like 20% which is so huge for not using the phone

[url]http://www3.0zz0.com/thumbs/2013/07/27/07/780281025.png[/URL] [url]http://www3.0zz0.com/thumbs/2013/07/27/07/323910090.png[/URL]
[url]http://www3.0zz0.com/thumbs/2013/07/27/07/598487199.png[/URL]

so anybody know what causes this huge wakelock ? and how to solve this issue ?

I am getting similar stats with the GSAM app. What exactly is "AudioOut_4"?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Apparently audio is classified four ways. Audio_1 out is notifications, not sure about 4. Others with similar problems reported YouTube app as the cause, hence my instruction. Have you guys tried it yet?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
There may be another app which uses audio as well. I'm assuming audio_4 is multimedia, so try other multimedia apps.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Any resolution?

Yes, I think cleaning the data and cache in the YouTube app lowered the % of the battery "System (*wakelock*) was using. Last night before going to bed I unplugged the charger and let the GSAM app do it's thing all night. These are the results I got this morning after using the phone for an additional 2-hrs. Why would Facebook be consuming 10.6% of of my battery? That seems kinda high t me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-29-08-45-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-08-45-47.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2013-07-29-08-46-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-08-46-54.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 19

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I think cleaning the data and cache in the YouTube app lowered the % of the battery "System (*wakelock*) was using. Last night before going to bed I unplugged the charger and let the GSAM app do it's thing all night. These are the results I got this morning after using the phone for an additional 2-hrs. Why would Facebook be consuming 10.6% of of my battery? That seems kinda high t me.

I have no idea. Don't use Facebook (if you can believe that). Maybe someone with relevant experience can chime in.

Axeavius

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea. Don't use Facebook (if you can believe that). Maybe someone with relevant experience can chime in.

This is the worst advice. Just because you don't like Facebook, doesn't mean that nobody should use it. Smartphones are designed to be used. To do a lot of stuff. Telling someone to not use X feature is just pointless.

Facebook can be a battery drain sometimes, but not all of the time. It might've gotten stuck in a loop while trying to perform a task.

Here are some things I would try:
  1. Clear cache for Facebook in Settings
  2. Reduce the refresh interval (App Settings in the Facebook app)
  3. Turn off messenger location services by default
  4. Turn off photo sync and only turn it on when you have photos to sync (if you want FB to sync your photos)
  5. Turn off contact sync and only turn it on when you want to update your contacts' pictures (that's basically all it does)

This should decrease the battery drain from Facebook significantly. If not, just delete the Facebook app and re-download it.

markophonic

May 26, 2013
Visit site
This is the worst advice. Just because you don't like Facebook, doesn't mean that nobody should use it. Smartphones are designed to be used. To do a lot of stuff. Telling someone to not use X feature is just pointless.

Umm...I read it as He doesn't use Facebook...He didn't tell anyone not to use facebook.

He said "Don't use Facebook..." I think he means "(I) don't use Facebook".

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Umm...I read it as He doesn't use Facebook...He didn't tell anyone not to use facebook.

He said "Don't use Facebook..." I think he means "(I) don't use Facebook".

@Axeavius thanks for the reply regarding FB.

Regarding Scott's advice...he meant he doesn't use FB. He wasn't telling me not to.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm at work so responding quickly. Missed the I. Use whatever you want, it's your phone :p

Axeavius

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Ah, gotcha. I've seen the "don't use X feature" posts in a number of Android subreddits and forums recently and it irks me. It irks me good! :D

@Scott Kenyon sorry about that, I see my misinterpretation now ;)

@ddillon80 you're welcome, I hope it helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed