Opera Browser

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the newest version of Opera based on Chromium 28 and it keeps crashing on me. Has anyone else that uses this version of the Opera browser experienced this? It's happening so frequently that I'm just about ready to uninstall it. It only happens when navigating to a web page via hyper link which I do a lot of in Blink Feed (yes, I actually happen to like Blink Feed). First the screen will go black for 1-2 seconds then I get the message shown below. Up to this point I have just been selecting "OK", going back to the link and then it works but it's getting quite annoying because it happens so frequently. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Opera as well as restarting the phone with no success. In the past I've used Chrome, Dolphin, FireFox, xScope Pro, Sky Fire and the stock browser and none of them ever did this. I really like this version of Opera but if I can't correct this problem I'm gonna have to go back to using Chrome as my default browser. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-27-09-39-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-27-09-39-31.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 12

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope. You will have to wait for the next update. Reverting to another browser is your only option. I understand what it is to be charmed by a browser, and how hard it is to live without it: I've been using Opera on my desktop forever, and I hate the new Chrome based version for Windows: I know your pain.

This said, on Android, I'm Dolphin all the way, and really wish there was a Windows-native version of Dolphin.. Somehow, it seems that we have more browsers to choose from than ever, but having the one browser that a user loves on all platforms at once is still a bit complicated at times...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer