T-Mobile - I have a 5 bar signal, but no Internet! (3G, LTE, G, or E)?

Aukoue

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
What is going on? I have a T-Mobile unlimited plan. I usually have a 5 bar signal, but the Internet doesn't work. Next to the bars, there is usually something like: E, 3G, LTE, or G. But I have nothing. When I go to options, under Data Plan, I have 'disconnected'. My dad has T-Mob as well and he has Edge. Can you guys please help me? Thanks!
I have an HTC One w/ unlimited data plan. I am able to make calls and send texts.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What is going on? I have a T-Mobile unlimited plan. I usually have a 5 bar signal, but the Internet doesn't work. Next to the bars, there is usually something like: E, 3G, LTE, or G. But I have nothing. When I go to options, under Data Plan, I have 'disconnected'. My dad has T-Mob as well and he has Edge. Can you guys please help me? Thanks!
I have an HTC One w/ unlimited data plan. I am able to make calls and send texts.

Have you checked in settings and made sure that "mobile data" has not been accidentally switched off.

Aukoue

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Of course! The mobile data is ON, however below it, it says 'disconnected'. Guys, I really need help. I'm on a road trip and I really need Internet. I don't always have WiFi like now :S

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Of course! The mobile data is ON, however below it, it says 'disconnected'. Guys, I really need help. I'm on a road trip and I really need Internet. I don't always have WiFi like now :S

How about getting a hold of T-Mobile? A forum will not be able to solve this problem since we don't have access to your device.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Did you try a reboot?

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me the other night as I was switching from subway to bus in lower Manhattan - after I got out of the subway I had the signal bars but no data while waiting for the bus. I restarted the phone, but still nothing. But, after I crossed the tunnel on the bus into Brooklyn, data appeared again. So, I'm inclined to think it's a T-Mo system outage rather than your phone.

Aukoue

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for help, guys. I'll see what's gonna happen tomorrow. I have it since like yesterday. Maybe it's because we drive like 300 miles a day? I restarted the phone a few times, but it didn't help. Maybe I'll call T-M.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Just an FYI, bars are for phone signal strength and has nothing to do with your data connection

Posted via Android Central App

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure? What if you are on LTE? Since LTE isn't used for voice (yet) and since voice is obviosuly not data, how can one signal indicator speak for two very different technologies at the same time?

It shows the fastest available data connection. In ICS the display of voice signal was removed unless you go into some of the hidden menus.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Heck...
With my of evo. Wimax 4G had it own signal bar along with the voice signal. That's with ginger bread too

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
It shows the fastest available data connection. In ICS the display of voice signal was removed unless you go into some of the hidden menus.

Interesting. I guess it does reflect the fact that many of us now use our phones for data more then telephone calls now. Although, it's hard to get my mind around the bars being used for that purpose after living with things being the other way around for so long!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I guess it does reflect the fact that many of us now use our phones for data more then telephone calls now. Although, it's hard to get my mind around the bars being used for that purpose after living with things being the other way around for so long!

That's why Verizon made them 'update' it after the galaxy nexus was released and it revealed how weak Verizon's LTE signal was in some places. That change was only for Verizon though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21