Can't click contact's address and launch in Maps anymore

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I used to be able to open up a contact on my HTC One, click on the address of the contact which would then launch Google Maps and zoom into the contact's address. I just noticed this weekend that tart feature stopped working. When I click on a contact's address now, nothing happens.

I wonder if this anything to do with the latest updates to Google Maps... I just tried the same thing on my wife's HTC One X and it still works. So I guess it is some incompatibility with Sense 5 and the new Google Maps?

Is anyone else having this problem on their HTC One?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Now you do that from within the Maps application. Open Maps, then click the turn arrow looking button next to the search bar, and start typing in your destination (or contact, it'll auto fill if there is address information). Then you'll get your turn by turn directions.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Even by going backwards and opening Maps first and clicking the Arrow then search, the search engine does not properly search your personal contacts. I tell Maps to
search for one of my contacts by name and it gives me a person in another state. This is a terrible mess up by Google. All major smart phones can click on your contacts address and it takes you to a turn by turn situation. For Google to have messed this up is a huge blunder. I have gone back to my iPhone to get this basic feature. My Blackberry and iPhone have this feature and for working people this is a must have feature. IMHO

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
PS, I tried deleting the update which took away the feature but by the next morning, the update was back on the phone. Now I cant use any Android until Google decides to correct this mess.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
PS, I tried deleting the update which took away the feature but by the next morning, the update was back on the phone. Now I cant use any Android until Google decides to correct this mess.
You can turn off 'Automatic Update' for the app in the PlayStore. Maybe you can use it without updating then.

Convert2

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I removed all updates to Maps to resolve the problem. I agree, this latest update losing the most basic features, i.e. searching contacts or clicking on a contact's address to pull up the location on Maps, is nuts. I've been giving Waze a spin, and it still works as expected.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I removed all updates to Maps to resolve the problem. I agree, this latest update losing the most basic features, i.e. searching contacts or clicking on a contact's address to pull up the location on Maps, is nuts. I've been giving Waze a spin, and it still works as expected.

Funny how Google and Waze are one of the same now..... ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke