To Anyone With An Otterbox Defender Case

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Who else thinks this thing is horribly designed?

I like the design besides the two flaps for the battery and headset. I'm on my replacement case due to the first one having issues staying on by the charger though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Who else thinks this thing is horribly designed?

How is the design horrible. I have had a defender on the last four phones I have had
Phone is protected from ALMOST anything.

I like the design besides the two flaps for the battery and headset. I'm on my replacement case due to the first one having issues staying on by the charger though.

The two flaps are a MINOR inconvenience. I'll take that over a damaged phone.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree! I think it's the only case out there where you have a 100% phone survival chance if you drop it.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I find annoying about it, apart from the faff putting it on and off (which I accept) is the crappy screen cover which makes actually using the phone difficult. Want to to send a long message using that baggy, loose, semi-opaque cover over your screen? Takes five times as long.... other than that, it's great for working in filthy environments and protects my phone.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I find annoying about it, apart from the faff putting it on and off (which I accept) is the crappy screen cover which makes actually using the phone difficult. Want to to send a long message using that baggy, loose, semi-opaque cover over your screen? Takes five times as long.... other than that, it's great for working in filthy environments and protects my phone.

My screen fits like a glove! Take the case back and ask for a new one, they should replace it if it's defective.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Screen protector fits better than all my other ones. Only downfall is it lets dust in underneath it. As far as looks I think it's one if the better looking defenders. For some phones their just ugly.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I love the Otterbox defender.. Granted I only put it on when I'm going to work but it's the best protection available and fits great

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I've gotten used to the flaps. I originally didn't like the port covers, thought it was overkill. It's easy enough to slice them off, but I've decided to keep them. It's no big deal. I don't think it's any great advantage, either, but it can't hurt and might help.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think Otterbox is what drove me to naked.. I used to love em but the flaps drove me nuts after awhile.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I love mine. The flaps didn't bother me until I read this. As for the screen protector I removed mine but saved it in the event I wanted to put it back on.

lerxst_x

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't mind the flaps, but the screen protector is horrible... Otterbox is sending out a new case, they say mine is defective. I think it's more of a design issue, but am willing to give the replacement a try.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've pulled out my screen protector, too. I have a Zagg, which would give better protection anyway, and I don't have to deal with dust getting under the Zagg like I would with that plastic Otterbox protector. But I love the case.

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
See the screen protector is what is giving me problems. My first one stuff got stuck under the protector and scratched my screen. The second one seems to fit better but I still find things getting under the screen protector and it is really irritating me. Oh yea if anyone wants one it will be $50.

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And I don't mean the defender in general. I meant the design for the HTC One only because I love the otter box products but not this one. The screen protector has done more damage then protecting. I guess I will keep it naked and when I have to get a replacement when the screen breaks I will get a screen protector for it.

kaho_tam

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
the screen protector is horrible... coz it opens up the home and back logos and sucks dust between the screen and the screen protector.

I've removed the transparent plastic piece and used some plastic warp around the speakers (poked holes to let the sound come out). In addition I added a thick screen protector around the phone which covers the screen and the home/back buttons.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
And I don't mean the defender in general. I meant the design for the HTC One only because I love the otter box products but not this one. The screen protector has done more damage then protecting. I guess I will keep it naked and when I have to get a replacement when the screen breaks I will get a screen protector for it.

Dude the case is great just take off the screen protector and put on another one. As for getting a replacement when the screen breaks I hope you are not expecting it to be covered under warranty.

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have best buy insurance. They cover everything except it being lost or stolen. I love best buy!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Dude the case is great just take off the screen protector and put on another one. As for getting a replacement when the screen breaks I hope you are not expecting it to be covered under warranty.

You shouldn't expect a phone to instantly break since it doesn't have a case... Not everyone is super clumsy :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38