Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blazing

4G in Hershey PA. Wow, now I really can see what this phone is capable of.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    Carrier
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Blazing

Nice, who's your carrier?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    Sprint.

I am in Boston with Sprint right now and while I'm somewhat happy with the data speeds (remember I am coming from Sprint's dreadfully slow 3G service on a BB Bold and/or Curve) it is by no means what I would call "Blazing." Just for fun I am going to run a speed test right now. Here are the results. Nothing spectacular. I think in a major city like Boston 4G LTE speeds with carriers such as Verizon and AT&T would be much faster - "Bazing" actually
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazing-screenshot_2013-08-02-12-25-55.jpg  

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts

I'm going to be in Atlanta on business next week, so I'm looking forward to see how it works for me. We don't have it here where I live in Virginia. I'm hoping to use it to set up the hotspot on my phone, so I can use it for my work laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was with Sprint and the LTE was good around town when I got it.. But unfortunately the main spots (like my work) I didn't get anything so I was stuck on 3g. The 3g worked.. As long as I did one thing at time.. Either browse the net or stream.. Both together would cause issues. So I asked Sprint to unlock my fully bought HTC One and they said no so.. Went to T-mobile. They have LTE here as well that is pretty fast.. And the spots that don't have it yet have the HSPA which handles better than Sprints 3g.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazing-1375464533371.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I've been on 4G the whole time in Hershey. Full bars and haven't dropped. Speed has bested my friend's Verizon S4.the

Carrier
    Stock

I'm in and around Los Angeles all the time and the 4G out here is excellent. I would post some screenshots of speed test but I can't figure out how to do that in the AC app. Suffice it to say I get 25 to 30M in many spots, but average between 18 and 22.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I was with Sprint and the LTE was good around town when I got it.. But unfortunately the main spots (like my work) I didn't get anything so I was stuck on 3g. The 3g worked.. As long as I did one thing at time.. Either browse the net or stream.. Both together would cause issues. So I asked Sprint to unlock my fully bought HTC One and they said no so.. Went to T-mobile. They have LTE here as well that is pretty fast.. And the spots that don't have it yet have the HSPA which handles better than Sprints 3g.

@Almeuit:

That screen shot you posted is for your T-Mobile data speed, correct? You are getting 35mbps down and 20mbps up? That is much faster than Sprint. I may have to switch carriers. Sprint has always had a good selection of phones but what's the point if their data speeds suck? The problem is I just extended a 2-yr contract when they came out with that $80 unlimited everything plan a few weeks ago. I'm really regretting doing that cuz I would like to switch to a carrier that has faster data speeds. Plus some of the other carriers, T-Mobile included, recently came out with these new hardware upgrade options so you're not stuck with the same phone for 2-yrs. I would love to be able to upgrade to the latest & greatest device twice/year at the new customer price. I am hoping Sprint follows suit and comes up with their own new upgrade plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ddillon80 View Post
    I am in Boston with Sprint right now and while I'm somewhat happy with the data speeds (remember I am coming from Sprint's dreadfully slow 3G service on a BB Bold and/or Curve) it is by no means what I would call "Blazing." Just for fun I am going to run a speed test right now. Here are the results. Nothing spectacular. I think in a major city like Boston 4G LTE speeds with carriers such as Verizon and AT&T would be much faster - "Bazing" actually
    Hey what part of Boston you in? here are my speeds...this is above average though, usually I get about 20-25mbps down. Sprints fast, there still developing though which is why you see the spotty speeds.

Blazing-1375643031302.jpg

@Almeuit:

That screen shot you posted is for your T-Mobile data speed, correct? You are getting 35mbps down and 20mbps up? That is much faster than Sprint. I may have to switch carriers. Sprint has always had a good selection of phones but what's the point if their data speeds suck? The problem is I just extended a 2-yr contract when they came out with that $80 unlimited everything plan a few weeks ago. I'm really regretting doing that cuz I would like to switch to a carrier that has faster data speeds. Plus some of the other carriers, T-Mobile included, recently came out with these new hardware upgrade options so you're not stuck with the same phone for 2-yrs. I would love to be able to upgrade to the latest & greatest device twice/year at the new customer price. I am hoping Sprint follows suit and comes up with their own new upgrade plan.
    Yeah. Here are some LTE speed tests around town. The very last two are HSPA (aka 3g) speed tests.

I am loving t-mobile a lot. Unlimited talk text and data.. And I love the WiFi calling to.. My house kills cell signal but I just flip on wifi and my phone uses my wifi as the cell signal.. Very awesome.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazing-1375644094672.jpg   Blazing-1375644102657.jpg   Blazing-1375644127868.jpg   Blazing-1375644156215.jpg   Blazing-1375644173428.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaEMB89 View Post
    Hey what part of Boston you in? here are my speeds...this is above average though, usually I get about 20-25mbps down. Sprints fast, there still developing though which is why you see the spotty speeds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1375643031302.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	75672

I am in East Boston. I can't believe you're getting that type of speed in Boston with Sprint's 4G network. I just ran a speed test. Here are the awful results. Could something be wrong with my phone? How are you getting so much faster speeds on the same network in the same location? I have never come close to 32mbps down. That's what I get on wifi at home. The best I get from Sprint 4G is about 15mbps down and that's during off-peak hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazing-screenshot_2013-08-04-15-15-26.jpg  

Oh also forgot to mention I used to use 6-8 GB a month but now... It is going higher

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazing-1375644736923.jpg  

I am in East Boston. I can't believe you're getting that type of speed in Boston with Sprint's 4G network. I just ran a speed test. Here are the awful results. Could something be wrong with my phone? How are you getting so much faster speeds on the same network in the same location? I have never come close to 32mbps down. That's what I get on wifi at home. The best I get from Sprint 4G is about 15mbps down and that's during off-peak hours.
    Well looking at the coverage map you seem to be on the border line of a "strong"(dark orange) coverage area and a "fair"(light orange) coverage area so that might be your issue, like I said before sprint is Stoll developing, like at my girlfriends house in revere it is surrounded by 4G coverage all around but where she lives the map shoes a hole where there is only 3G, so when I'm there I only get 3G...in the next couple years I expect Sprints coverage to only get better.

Blazing-1375645452589.jpg

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

If anyone goes to Hershey Park be prepared to have your mind blown with Sprint LTE. Full bars entire time and it never dropped. It was better and faster than my buddy's Verizon S4. Not saying to start a flame war because I don't care what network you use, I'm just stating fact. I'm considering moving to Hershey and living inside the amusement park I was so impressed, lol.

If anyone goes to Hershey Park be prepared to have your mind blown with Sprint LTE. Full bars entire time and it never dropped. It was better and faster than my buddy's Verizon S4. Not saying to start a flame war because I don't care what network you use, I'm just stating fact. I'm considering moving to Hershey and living inside the amusement park I was so impressed, lol.

Got any speed tests?

Banned

Global Posts
    2,500 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

@Almeuit:

I was with sprint also and I was getting around 15mb down about 5 up. These are my speeds now

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Got any speed tests?

Unfortunately I don't. Just a few pics of my buddy with Verizon and a sad look on his face.

Unfortunately I don't. Just a few pics of my buddy with Verizon and a sad look on his face.

Haha yeah I'd be sad on Verizon to.. I'd be paying an arm and a leg for service :o.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Haha yeah I'd be sad on Verizon to.. I'd be paying an arm and a leg for service :o.

All I have is this pic Blazing-1375653965263.jpg

Banned

Global Posts
    2,500 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

These are my peak hour speeds. I actually had a Lil small role in getting al to switch also lol.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazing-uploadfromtaptalk1375653973905.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    These are my peak hour speeds. I actually had a Lil small role in getting al to switch also lol.

You did lol. I got this in Walmart today.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazing-1375664069874.jpg  

Well looking at the coverage map you seem to be on the border line of a "strong"(dark orange) coverage area and a "fair"(light orange) coverage area so that might be your issue, like I said before sprint is Stoll developing, like at my girlfriends house in revere it is surrounded by 4G coverage all around but where she lives the map shoes a hole where there is only 3G, so when I'm there I only get 3G...in the next couple years I expect Sprints coverage to only get better.

Name:	1375645452589.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	75683

That map is my neighborhood. I live on Thurston St. which connects to Bayswater St. My street is a short side street so they didn't label it on your map by Barnes Ave. Here is a 4G coverage map for my specific address from Sprint's website. According to the color I am in the "best" area for data speeds yet I'm only getting 6-10mbps and you are getting 30mbps in the same general vicinity. How is that possible if I'm supposedly in the strongest coverage area?

Should I call Sprint? Could this be a problem with my phone? Most of the time I use wifi anyway but I'm paying $80/month for my plan and I expect to get the fastest speeds available for my area when I am out and have to use the network. You saw a screen shot of my data speed in a previous post. Here is a screen shot of Sprint's 4G coverage for my exact address.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazing-sprint-4g-coverage.jpg  

That map is my neighborhood. I live on Thurston St. which connects to Bayswater St. My street is a short side street so they didn't label it on your map by Barnes Ave. Here is a 4G coverage map for my specific address from Sprint's website. According to the color I am in the "best" area for data speeds yet I'm only getting 6-10mbps and you are getting 30mbps in the same general vicinity. How is that possible if I'm supposedly in the strongest coverage area?

Should I call Sprint? Could this be a problem with my phone? Most of the time I use wifi anyway but I'm paying $80/month for my plan and I expect to get the fastest speeds available for my area when I am out and have to use the network. You saw a screen shot of my data speed in a previous post. Here is a screen shot of Sprint's 4G coverage for my exact address.
    Here is a few speed tests I did today around Boston. The higher speeds are around liberty plaza. So looks like your on avg for Boston, and I must be somewhere near a tower to get such high speeds. I'm comfortable with Sprint especially since I get a discount with work. Leaving for another network might be faster but will def be pricier, I've considered t-mo but I think there coverage can be spotty.

Blazing-1375737967688.jpg

Here is a few speed tests I did today around Boston. The higher speeds are around liberty plaza. So looks like your on avg for Boston, and I must be somewhere near a tower to get such high speeds. I'm comfortable with Sprint especially since I get a discount with work. Leaving for another network might be faster but will def be pricier, I've considered t-mo but I think there coverage can be spotty.

Name:	1375737967688.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	75804

OK that makes me feel better. Ya, when you hit 32mbps you must have just been in the right spot because the speeds you just showed are more in-line with what I am getting. I agree with you though - I like Sprint. They have a great selection of phones and have had unlimited everything plans since I've been with them in '07. Out of the major carriers they are a little behind with their 4G network build-out but that can only improve with time so I'm looking forward to the future. Plus I've never had a problem with signal/call quality so I'm gonna stick with Sprint. I just wish they would come out with their own version of an early upgrade plan like T-Mobile's Jump. Right now it's 20-mos with Sprint before you can upgrade at the new customer price. That's better than a full 2-yrs but still a little too long considering how fast these manufacturers are coming out with new devices. It's like every 6-mos you're phone is outdated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast