Stock Android ROM

emirozmen

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I am using the Black HTC One 64GB from AT&T on 4.1.2, it is unlocked. I like the vanilla android look. Should i use the 4.2.2 ROM or 4.3 (if it exists). My main concerns are battery life and camera performance.
What disadvantages do i get when flashing the rom.
And is the stock android rom only installable by cyanogenmod?

I am new to Android World, i came just 4 weeks ago from an iPhone 5. Other than iTunes sync issues, i have no major complaints. Feels good! :)

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Black HTC One 64GB from AT&T on 4.1.2, it is unlocked. I like the vanilla android look. Should i use the 4.2.2 ROM or 4.3 (if it exists). My main concerns are battery life and camera performance.
What disadvantages do i get when flashing the rom.
And is the stock android rom only installable by cyanogenmod?

I am new to Android World, i came just 4 weeks ago from an iPhone 5. Other than iTunes sync issues, i have no major complaints. Feels good! :)

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Welcome! My best advice to you is to do lots of reading before flashing anything. It is not hard to flash, but if done wrong you can mess stuff up. There is the rooting and rom threads on here and there are a lot more on XDA Developers. There are lots of good guides up on that site already as well as tons of discussions, basically lots of good reading just like on here.

My honest advice is to stay stock for now. See what you like and don't like so you can better decide what ROM you want.

If you switch to stock android ROM, you will really lose out on camera quality. I am not even talking about all of the Sense options, just plain quality. The web is full of example photos.

Good luck.

emirozmen

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! My best advice to you is to do lots of reading before flashing anything. It is not hard to flash, but if done wrong you can mess stuff up. There is the rooting and rom threads on here and there are a lot more on XDA Developers. There are lots of good guides up on that site already as well as tons of discussions, basically lots of good reading just like on here.

My honest advice is to stay stock for now. See what you like and don't like so you can better decide what ROM you want.

If you switch to stock android ROM, you will really lose out on camera quality. I am not even talking about all of the Sense options, just plain quality. The web is full of example photos.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

I hear that the new Google Edition ROM's camera app can be replaced with Sense Camera, though.

Android Beat Article: HTC One Sense Camera app now works on the Google Play Edition ROM , directs to XDA Forums