Flash videos not playing in full screen landscape [Solved]

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Never mind. I just realized that this ROM had Auto-Roation set to Off as default. I've always had it set to the default setting (which is usually always On) on my previous phone and this phone, so didn't think to check until now :p
So, mystery solved. Thanks guys!

I am unable to play flash videos in FullScreen in the Chrome (or even the Stock) browser, on my One. It looks like below:

That's what it looks like before I press the fullscreen button.
ZkwSNYT.png

and this is what it looks like after I press the Fullscreen button on the right bottom part of the video.
li9cFQ2.png

Turning the phone to landscape or portrait orientation doesn't affect the video's orientation. It seems to be locked in portrait.
I don't have any Orientation Lock set for the phone. I am able to watch YouTube videos in Full-screen in landscape through the YouTube app. Just not in the browsers.
I'm using ARHD 12.1 on Android 4.2.2

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Last edited:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Flash videos not playing in full screen landscape

Have you tried a different browser?

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Maybe calibrate the g sensor. Just a guess. Hope it helps

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried a different browser?
Yeah. I tried the Stock HTC browser and Chrome. Both go to full screen but stay in portrait mode.

Maybe calibrate the g sensor. Just a guess. Hope it helps
I was hoping that maybe that was the issue, but nothing changed after I calibrated the G senors :(

edit:
870tw5V.jpg

It looks like that on Chrome and in the Stock browsers. Left side is portrait orientation before I clicked play, and the right side image is after I clicked Play. For this particular video, it went straight to full-screen mode, but it still won't show in landscape.

edit2: Never mind. I just realized that this ROM had Auto-Roation set to Off as default. I've always had it set to the default setting (which is usually always On) on my previous phone and this phone, so didn't think to check until now :p
So, mystery solved. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01