Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default notification sounds won't change

Been trying to change my txt notifications sounds and every time I do and hit apply it says it's changed but when I get a txt it's still the old sound and it's damn annoying. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Default Re: notification sounds won't change

Are you using the default Text Messaging App, or one downloaded from the app store? If you do have another app installed for messaging, perhaps they are conflicting with each other.

Where exactly are you trying to change the sound? If you are changing the 'Notification' sound under the 'Personalize' section in the main settings then you are looking in the wrong place. To change the text message notification sound you need to change it from within the text message app itself. Open the Messaging app, then open the settings menu (you'll find it at the bottom of the menu opened by the three dots in the top right corner). Under the Notifications section of the settings you will find the correct place to change the text message notification sound.

This is assuming you are using the default message app. If using a different app for txt and most messages you'll likely find the setting you need in a different, but similar location.

Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks s lot!! Got it figured out now!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Unhappy Re: notification sounds won't change

have tried through the message app and still can't change it
    tried restarting the phone and waiting for a text from a friend, didn't work aarrgh

Quote Originally Posted by gokarts2 View Post
    have tried through the message app and still can't change it

screenshot please.

Handcent is a free texting app, you can set individual notification sounds with it. There is also handcent emojis a free add on.

Same problem here: notifications sounds will not change after selecting a different one from the sound selector within Twitter's Android app configuration wizard for the active user. And the preset sound is really damn loud and annoying. Anyone figured out how to do this or any hope on getting Twitter to fix this bug?

I filed an error report today on Twitter's help account. I would reinstall the app, but I'm not sure whether that would fix the problem or not, and I do not want to risk losing all my settings, such as starred users whose updates I want to receive instantly.

BTW, some of these thweets are being skipped, a problem that Twitter is already aware of. And search is damn slow now, has me even waiting over 30 seconds every time, when a year ago it was lightning-quick. Also not all posts are shown for a user unless I manually force an update from the app by pulling the screen down. And lists have similar issues: not being properly updated and such.
    I guess that they are moving to a NoSQL-based probabilistic database system due to the large amount of accumulated tweets over the years, and at the same time being too scrooge on hardware resources. I hope that they will change this terrible policy, specially after introducing ads, which should give them some steady source of income to deal with investments in HR and infrastructure. Otherwise, Twitter will be a thing of the past, while we users all move on to the next Google or whatever...

xdfgbbnxfb