Factory Reset > 6.66/32 GB of "Other" data... what is this other data?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that's what the OP is taking about

I apologize. Some how I missed that in the thread title.

OP, many times this is other files that don't fall under the categories. This can be downloads that aren't pictures or music, the android system, any recoveries or nandroid backups you may have saved if you are rooted. Your best bet would be to use a file explorer and navigate to see what is acceptable to delete and what is not.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

HTCONE88

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I apologize. Some how I missed that in the thread title.

OP, many times this is other files that don't fall under the categories. This can be downloads that aren't pictures or music, the android system, any recoveries or nandroid backups you may have saved if you are rooted. Your best bet would be to use a file explorer and navigate to see what is acceptable to delete and what is not.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
Do all HTC1s come with 6.66 GB of "Other" data out of the box?

I have 2 HTC1s, keeping 1 (not rooted) and returning the other (still within 30 days of purchase). Both came with 6.66 gigs out of the box of data listed under "Other" under Phone Storage. I figured someone here must have figured out what those 6.66 GBs were and if any of it could have been deleted. I have File Expert HD, but I don't know what is acceptable to delete other than those listed under "My Files". If those 6.66GB are part of the Android System, then I'll just live with it.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Do all HTC1s come with 6.66 GB of "Other" data out of the box?

I have 2 HTC1s, keeping 1 (not rooted) and returning the other (still within 30 days of purchase). Both came with 6.66 gigs out of the box of data listed under "Other" under Phone Storage. I figured someone here must have figured out what those 6.66 GBs were and if any of it could have been deleted. I have File Expert HD, but I don't know what is acceptable to delete other than those listed under "My Files". If those 6.66GB are part of the Android System, then I'll just live with it.

There are plenty of system and user apps you can delete. It's just hard to figure out which ones you can. Try freezing them first with titanium to see if it's fine to delete. Most of the initial space is all stock hardware.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

treybeno

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The 6 gigs out the box if the operating system such as the actual stock ROM and all the memory needed to house such. Also, RAM will actually be about 1.5 gigs as about 500mb is used by the OS itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781