Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Usb port died again.

~RANT~ Second phone, second time this problem happened to. E, same amount of time. And on the day I have to pay $150 first month bill today or my service is suspended due to over reached spending b limit thanks to m lame credit. This whole experience is turned me off phones so much. I regret opening ng a contract. I wish I could get my money back. I just want to go back to tracphone this is what I get for not going with t-mobile. I don't know wtf to do now. I have to wait 10 days to get paid to pay my first month bill and re-activate my line, and then also paY to fix this ****? I guess I'll have to get the ****ty s4 but I ca not Stand that phone. I'm so pissed off right now. No wonder HTC can't turn a profit. Flagship my ***. Sank faster than the Titanic. Maybe I'll just cancel my while contract and are payments towards the fee. For the text 2 years UGH WTF DID I DO I HATE MYSELF IM SO STUPID.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Usb port died again.

That sucks. You're certain the USB port has failed? If it was defective, have you considered talking to your service provider or to HTC directly about getting a replacement due to defective equipment?

Wow, you predicted that would happen yesterday. Do you have insurance on the phone, and if so what carrier? If it's a device malfunction like a dead USB port, insurance should cover it at no cost. At least that is what sprint told me.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It has to be, but my first phone at least I got the message 'plugged in not charging' I dont get anything this time. Nothing. Maybe I'll just keep getting it fixed and fixed and fixed under warranty untill the motor x Come's out and demand an upgrade/replacement. Done with this phone.

You're using a different cable than with the first defective phone, right? Sorry if you've gone through this already in a prior post.

I have problems with my USB staying in on my One if I pick it up and use it while I'm charging. I usually leave it alone but the USB port sucks imo.

Posted From my HTC ONE via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

took it to Sprint. Told thme about phone acting up/wont charge/phone says service provider is HTC/no Sprint branding on phone UI. They looked at it. Went back an hour later. Got phone back. "They found nothing wrong with it port is perfect and it charged the whole time so here is a new charger good luck thanks for coming in." Plug phone in with new cable and adapter. Works. Unplug, plug into computer. Works, 3 seconds later, stops. Error message "pluged in not charge" Re plug into wall, error message. Turn off phone, stick it in box stick it in back of closet.
    So, how was your day guys?
    EDIT
    realize Tracphone charger is the same size. Take phone out. Turn on. Plug in. Works. Re try with new chargers. Works. re plug in tracphone charger. works. repeat. works.
    This phone is playing games with me and i dont think its ******* cute.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRacer View Post
    took it to Sprint. Told thme about phone acting up/wont charge/phone says service provider is HTC/no Sprint branding on phone UI. They looked at it. Went back an hour later. Got phone back. "They found nothing wrong with it port is perfect and it charged the whole time so here is a new charger good luck thanks for coming in." Plug phone in with new cable and adapter. Works. Unplug, plug into computer. Works, 3 seconds later, stops. Error message "pluged in not charge" Re plug into wall, error message. Turn off phone, stick it in box stick it in back of closet.
    So, how was your day guys?
    EDIT
    realize Tracphone charger is the same size. Take phone out. Turn on. Plug in. Works. Re try with new chargers. Works. re plug in tracphone charger. works. repeat. works.
    This phone is playing games with me and i dont think its ******* cute.
    Dang man that sucks. Sorry to hear that