HTC One: How to set an mp3 as a notification sound?

Neo Sanders

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm trying to associate an mp3 as a notification sound to a particular contact. I have stored the mp3 in the notifications folder (media/audio/notifications). I can associate this notification to all contacts in Settings>Personalize> Notification sound... and this works fine. However I want to associate this mp3 with one contact only and there isn't an option on my phone (HTC One M8s), within Contacts to do this

Has anyone a fix for this?
Thanks in advance
Neo

Thyre

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I just had the frustrating experience as well with setting an mp3 or wav file as a notification. It is unnecessary to trim it as the phone should do that automatically. The folder you need to download the sound file to is Android/Media/com.google.android.talk/Notifications

the folder Ringtones is also there for adding ringtones. It is a simple feature that used to be a part of every music/sound player but it has become more and more difficult to find. Hope this helps everyone :cool:

~Thyre - Lord of Shadows~

godlygecko

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I searched here but couldn't find a solution that works. Basically I have an mp3 file that I want to use for my notifications and I downloaded ES file manager and browsed to sdcard / Notifications and copied the file there but when I go into settings, it's not listed.

I also don't have a + button at the top like it's shown for ringtones.

Any idea on how to do this?

Hey, I found a SOLUTION. :)

1. Using a Samsung: Core (Phone), go to Apps, then select "My Files."

2. Go to Audio and search for an audio clip (or song) you want to set, as a Notification or Ringtone, regardless of the length. Tap on the magnifying glass button to complete your search.

3. Tap and hold on your file, select "Move."

4. Now go to Device Storage, Notifications, top right corner "Move Here." Done!

Enjoy, everyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12