Delete Device from HTC TV App

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like a simple question, but I can not find an answer anywhere! I want to get rid of the cable box I connected since I don't use it anymore, however I see no way to delete any device once you add it. What am I missing?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like a simple question, but I can not find an answer anywhere! I want to get rid of the cable box I connected since I don't use it anymore, however I see no way to delete any device once you add it. What am I missing?!

I had the same problem.. Couldn't figure it out. So all I did was go into settings, and the TV app. I cleared all the data and cache. Must clear the data. Went back into the app and reset everything but the box. It only took me a few minutes..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
That's a terrible solution by HTC if that's the only way to clear it. I guess they figure most people won't change their devices often but still.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So I looked into this situation a little more and you can actually right from the TV app delete your TV "profile". I didn't even realize this, but you can set it up for multiple areas like downstairs and bedroom for example. When you see the main control screen with the volume and channel up/down in the right corner you should see an option to add/delete a profile. Just delete that profile and start over and you are good to go! This still isn't the best solution, but it's the fastest and easiest way I have found and luckily it's very easy to reprogram to the devices.

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
You just have to go to the device where you can see the numerical buttons then hit the settings key then you should find the add/ delete for the remotes

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You just have to go to the device where you can see the numerical buttons then hit the settings key then you should find the add/ delete for the remotes

On any screen for the remote of choice... Hit the overflow button, edit/delete and then you check the box of which component you want to delete.