unknown notification sound

tfouto

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am having a notification sound from time to time, without any of kind understanding where it comes from. Any idea of how can i discovery the origin of it?

Many thanks...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am having a notification sound from time to time, without any of kind understanding where it comes from. Any idea of how can i discovery the origin of it?

Many thanks...

A good counter question is do you have any icons in the notification bar? That can be your first step in finding what it is. Strange thing though is almost all apps use the default sound until you change it via the in app settings.

tfouto

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
A good counter question is do you have any icons in the notification bar? That can be your first step in finding what it is. Strange thing though is almost all apps use the default sound until you change it via the in app settings.

No, i dont see any icon in the notification bar... I have installed Notification History. Let's see if this program can catch the culprit...

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine has started doing this over the last few days too. Really annoying as it happens at random times throught out the night and when you check like you said nothing there just the noise.

tfouto

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine has started doing this over the last few days too. Really annoying as it happens at random times throught out the night and when you check like you said nothing there just the noise.

Mine, also have started doing this only the last few days. 2-3 times per day... Maybe it's a bug on Android/Google service... or HTC service...

mkoby#AC

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting this randomly as well. When I was in a high rise the roaming/reconnect thing made sense but it's done it twice at home where I normally have 4-5 bars from AT&T so I don't think it's the roaming/reconnect notification.

I'm on a completely stock (never rooted, never rom-ed) device, so nothing should be out of whack on that end. Be nice to know what the notification was. I wasn't able to get the Notification History app to install (it would download and then hang on installation), so I'm not sure that's going to be much help to me. Maybe someone else can see what pops up on it when the sound chimes.

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry guys. You have the notify when roaming setting on. If you don't want to be notified any more it is under the mobile network settings.

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have data roaming sound off too and it still happened.
Think I may of found the culprit thought. I installed the Despicable Me game from the play store and i think that was causing it, it was always popping up with notifications anyway but strange how sometimes the notification sound would happen but nothing there to see. Since removing the app it hasn't happened once so fingers crossed!

tfouto

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have data roaming sound off too and it still happened.
Think I may of found the culprit thought. I installed the Despicable Me game from the play store and i think that was causing it, it was always popping up with notifications anyway but strange how sometimes the notification sound would happen but nothing there to see. Since removing the app it hasn't happened once so fingers crossed!

I have installed also the despicable me, but i have disabled the notifications for this app. So in my case this sould not be the case. I am waiting for another notification sound, so that the notification history might catch the culprit...

Any of you guys have the gsam battery monitor app installed?

Last edited:

tfouto

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, guys. Good news.

I found "my" culprit... GSam Battery Monitor Pro. I heard the notification sound. Check notification history app. It was the gsam monitor pro. Warning - hot battery (29,6?).

I turned off the alarms on the gsam battery now, and will see if it stops... I think that it's a bug of the app on the last update (5th august). 29,6'C it's not a hot battery i think...

In the future i can also disable notifications for this app on settings->apps. Let's wait and see if it's necessary...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, guys. Good news.

I found "my" culprit... GSam Battery Monitor Pro. I heard the notification sound. Check notification history app. It was the gsam monitor pro. Warning - hot battery (29,6?).

I turned off the alarms on the gsam battery now, and will see if it stops... I think that it's a bug of the app on the last update (5th august). 29,6'C it's not a hot battery i think...

In the future i can also disable notifications for this app on settings->apps. Let's wait and see if it's necessary...

You are right. That is no where near a warm battery.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

KevinMoto

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Moto X - new 2014 ... A few times a day, a notification noise happens. It isn't in the list of possible notification sounds, and nothing appears in the notification area. It is a two-tone sound that I don't recognize from any apps and I really haven't installed too much yet and no games at all.

Stuart Perkins

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the same thing...if you have Google Voice installed, and an active Google Voice Phone number, check to see if you are getting a call at that time. I have and I am. My GV number is forwarded to my wife/business partner while I am on client site, as it is the one I give out on my Resume, and I don't want to field calls from recruiters while on client site. It just happened to me, and sure enough, a call came in at that time. It is a strange "ring tone" like sound. I haven't investigated silencing it, but since there are no icons or popups, it is a rather useless notification on a Tablet. If I happen to have my BT headset connected to the tablet, I might actually be able to answer the call...I'll have to try that one of these days.

Maria Mangrobang

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So annoying! Ever since I downloaded the latest update, this notification sound is randomly going off throughout the day. I do not have any notifications on. I don't have any games, except for Words with Friends, but that notification is off also. it's not coming from the ringer as I need to mute it at work. It's coming from the media sound. If I mute it, it's gone...but then I can't watch or listen to music until I turn it back up.

Do we have a solution?

Reactions: taylormlack

Jmt81rn

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes I found the chirp. My voice mail was over 80%full and it was my visual voice mail chirping as soon as I opened it, it gave the notification in the tool bar and after I cleared it it disappeared. Don't know why it didn't just tell me.

mandarin1

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
i have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S6 EDGE. When I hold the phone at a certain angle it make that noise repeatedly until I lay the phone down or move it to a new angle. It's pretty random and exceedingly annoying.
Any idea???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11