System Upgrade crash

dallas winston

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
This morning's notification: System Upgrade available. Proceed to install. Looked like everything was going fine, then the screen went black on me. Figured it was rebooting. When I hit the power button to bring it back, was brought to my lock screen. Do the vertical swipe, as always, to bring up the keyboard for password unlocking. Instead, the voice prompt comes up, no keyboard. I "tap to pause" and it stops recording, offers me an option to bring up the keyboard. I tap that icon and nothing happens. I tap it again and nothing happens. I try speaking the password, and nothing happens. I hit the power button and do the swipe over again - same response: voice prompt. I am locked out.
I try restarting the phone, same thing. I try full on rebooting, same thing.
At this point, I'm stumped. I have several notification icons on my phone, and I can't get to any of them. I'm completely locked out.

Thoughts?

dallas winston

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
A. I'd prefer to avoid that, if at all possible. I understand that may be my only option, though.
B. How, exactly, do I do that? Never had to before, not sure what the steps are.

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem one week after I bought the phone. Tech support was no help. I had to factory reset. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon