Music app

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if there is something better out there that would improve the quality of music being played via bluetooth? I love the music app, and the artist cover that shows up, but the quality compared to Pandora is not even close. The files I am trying to play are Flac files, so I know that is not the problem. Is there a setting or EQ button I am missing, or is the quality this poor with this phone? Btw boost is on also.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Google Music? There's an Equalizer there that's pretty helpful, although I haven't tried it with a BT speaker.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If your music is o your phone you don't need to pay to use Google music. The only reason you would have to pay is if you get their all access pass which allows you to stream music from their servers without buying it. Alternatively you can upload your music to Google music and just stream that at no charge also.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. $10/month is only for All Access. I was under the impression that you were listening to music you own that is on your phone.

Posted via Android Central App

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I will give it a whirl tomorrow. Just playing around with the app now, and it is a bit clunkier than the other music app. It is a bit harder to navigate.

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok just tried it today and the sound quality was better. Now if Google music could have the same interface as the basic music app, it would be awesome. Google music is just too clunky to use in my opinion.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Lots of other 3rd party music players out there that you can try that also have EQ. Try Poweramp, Winamp, Mortplayer, Mixzing, RockPlayer, DoubleTwist ...

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Lots of other 3rd party music players out there that you can try that also have EQ. Try Poweramp, Winamp, Mortplayer, Mixzing, RockPlayer, DoubleTwist ...

I will give some of those a go for sure thanks! Just need to find an easy to navigate app, that sounds good via BT. Can't be that hard?

sparkly flea

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Your FLACs are wasted over Bluetooth. You are not going to get great quality (unless your headphones support the newer Apt-X codec) . Best you can probably do is play with EQ. For apps I use Poweramp but have just downloaded Neutron which has some good comments on audiophile sites. Haven't used it yet though. Both have EQ you can tinker with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87