HTC One camera issue

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys!

I've recently bought an HTC One and today I noticed that my phone's camera does something very weird. When in low light conditions (night time with street lamps or dark room) if flash isn't used some sort of shadows appear in the pictures. At first I thought that i might have snugged the lens but after wiping it clean and checking it very well under strong light it was absolutely clean. I'm curious whether any of you has the same problem and whether if these are grounds for a replacement unit. I've also attached a couple of pictures that illustrate what I was trying to explain.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 23

Antitryptic

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's normal. The first HTC One I bought had a camera problem similar to yours, though not to the same degree. I was able to get it exchanged so I don't think you should have a problem getting a replacement either... I think your best bet would be to bring it back to the store you bought it from and show them the problems you're seeing with the camera. It should be a serious enough reason for you to get a replacement. Good luck.

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, turns out that quite a few people have had this problem. I've contacted the store and they said they need to take it in to analyse it and hopefully in ten days they'll either fix it or send back a new unit. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC