HTC One developer edition warranty question?

benweber2001

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the forums here. However, I have noticed that this seems to be THE place to come to, when it comes to Android powered smartphones. I am in the process of upgrading my phone, which I have had for about 6 years...... I do want to get an unlocked phone that I will be buying outright, because I don't like phone contracts and being stuck to a particular carrier. After narrowing down my smartphone choices to either a Note 2 or a HTC One, I have decided on the "HTC One developer edition" which I plan on ordering from the HTC website. I currently use a prepaid plan from T-Mobile and will continue to use that for this new phone (with a new SIM). I guess my main concern is the warranty, and the "what if" of something happening to the phone over the next 6 months- 1year+. If I were buying this phone from a local retailer I would feel much more comfortable. However, there are no local retailers that carry unlocked versions of any of the HTC Ones where I live. But, I really like this phone and want the 64gb version. I actually am not even sure what kind of warranty the phone comes with, as I don't recall seeing any warranty information on the HTC website. I guess my question, to current HTC One dev edition owners, is what warranty does it comes with, are there any options for extended warranties, and have any of you had any problems when you did encounter a problem with the phone? After all, I will be spending in excess of $650 for this phone.

Thanks, Benjamin

emmette

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Can you use the developer edition as a MiFi device on T-Mobile?

I am thinking about moving my Verizon number to my TMobile account, which has unlimited data access. Can you use the developer edition as a MiFi device on T-Mobile?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can you use the developer edition as a MiFi device on T-Mobile?

I am thinking about moving my Verizon number to my TMobile account, which has unlimited data access. Can you use the developer edition as a MiFi device on T-Mobile?

I believe tethering is free with the top tier unlimited. I'd ask them, though.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

emmette

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can you use the developer edition as a MiFi device on T-Mobile?

When Jelly Bean came out, I heard a complaint from someone that they took the MiFi feature out of the OS. If not did they just give the carrier absolute control even in a rooted phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance