Issues logging on to private wifi networks

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am having a recurring issue with my One. At work we recently switched over from an old AT&T router to a new TP-Link router. The network SSID is hidden and it uses MAC filtering. I never had an issue on the same setup on the AT&T router, but now every single time I lock my phone it drops the connection to wifi. If I then reset my phone OR the router it logs back on normally. I have deleted and re-registered my MAC address but the same thing occurs over and over.

I also have my iPad on the network and it has zero issues. Any ideas or can somebody suggest a fix?

Thanks! :D

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about the One specifically, but on my GS3 there is a setting in WiFi that tells it not to turn WiFi off while sleeping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
So the issue is SSID related. If the SSID is broadcasting my phone works just fine. If the SSID is hidden my phone drops the connection the second I turn off the screen. A friend in my office has a Sprint HTC One and it has the exact same issue. Very frustrating.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Here is my solution:

1. Install HiddenSSID Enabler from the Android Marketplace
2. Enable your WiFi network to broadcast its SSID temporarily
3. Turn on WiFi on your Android device and ensure you connect to your network successfully
4. On your Android device, open the HiddenSSID Enabler app
5. Enter your network/SSID name and click the ?Enable Hidden SSID? button. There is no feedback given that anything happened. Don?t panic.
6. Turn WiFi off for your Android device
7. Disable SSID broadcasting on your router again
8. Turn on WiFi on your Android device and it should now connect to the hidden network

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs