HTC ONE -> Camera Repair (Blue/Purple tint Issues)

earthalim

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I am from Singapore.

I wish to know anyone else have any experience sending their HTC ONE for repair due to the Camera blue-tint Issues?

I feel very bad and stupid that why dont I discover the problem earlier so that i can get a replacement instead of repair.
so regret that i didnt test the camera at night earlier...

I had sent my phone for repair on Saturday, the guy said it need 4 working day.
Now I am so nervous and worry that even the camera is fixed, they could accidentally spoiled other part during the repair, call me Paranoid~ (sigh)
I saw how the guy took my phone and wipe the screen with his polo tee, my heart sank, my poor baby !!!!!!!

Other than the blue/purple tint issues, I also address another issues ----- the Macro mode focusing seem not working well. I touched the screen to focus, but it always focus at the wrong point.

I really hope when I get back my HTC ONE, i could finally take a decent good picture at night. So envious about other who posted their wonderful vivid photo that had taken with their HTC ONE.

After getting my phone, I will definitely update you guy about my HTC ONE repair experience.

(sorry about my poor english) :-X

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Please do update. I haven't had issues with mine, and been very fortunate. Thanks for posting and let us know about your experience. Welcome to the forums!

snrm

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have been having the exact same problem, except I am getting a bluish-green tint. And also the macro focus isnt working. I too was told to have my camera changed. Also, previously I had a landscape mode issue. My phone would keep switching to landscape mode. The Service center changed my lcd display and now it is fine. But after that, this current problem cropped up. I thought that something might have gone wrong when they opened up my camera. I am fighting for a complete replacement, as I also have another issue. My phone will not link up with a laptop sometimes. Again the Service centre people say that now the USB board may also need to be replaced!!!

So what is the status of your camera, post repairs?

dcadavona

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the same issue too. It was difficult for me to leave my HTC One at the service center. I'm also paranoid of how they're going to handle it. It's been two weeks there now. They told me to expect 2 to 4 weeks for the entire service. I didnt want to at first. They didnt even said the're sorry. I also love HTC and had my loyalty over them until now. But I had no choice. I'm very dissapointed by the purple tint from the back camera on low light for which is suppose to be good at.

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the UK, the whole repair for purple tint took 5 working days with UPS being the courier. The actual repair took 1 working day, the rest of the time was travel.

Last edited:

IMjBI

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the UK, the whole repair for purple tint took 5 working days with UPS being the courier. The actual repair took 1 working day, the rest of the time was travel.

Same thing here in the USA. I get min back this Friday, can't wait!

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone has a scuff on the back, any experiences with HTC claiming physical damage to reject a warranty repair?

Posted via Android Central App

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone has a scuff on the back, any experiences with HTC claiming physical damage to reject a warranty repair?

Yes it happened to me, i had a small nick on the bottom of the device. It was so small i've ignored it for long time. Well, when phone got to HTC they tried to claim that the case was damaged and they didn't want to do the repair unless i paid 90 which included case and speaker. I argued with them and escalated the call. Today at 2:30pm they finally agreed to cover the phone fully at no charge. So, if yours gets denied and it says you have to pay $90 call HTC support and complain and ask for escalation.

Again, my phone is pretty mint, i just had a small knick from when it fell on the street less than waist high. Idk about if you have knicks all over the phone and dents.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Idk about if you have knicks all over the phone and dents.

No, it's not dented. It's visible, but if a run a fingernail over it I can't feel any grooves. I'll see if I can get it buffed out before sending it, I still have till the end of May for my warranty to run out.

earthalim

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hie everyone . So sorry that I forgot to update with you all about the repair process.

As I predicted. They didn't send oversea to repair but they have a lab based in Singapore for repairing. And the guy said after repair. They need to run test on the phone , that is why it took weeks. I waited 1 week plus , and I went to the center and ask for replacement phone to use while they had my phone. Totally they took almost 2 weeks.

Finally I got my phone back and as I tested. I on the camera , faced down everything is alright. Also I try to capture photos in low light places. And everything was fine. And I am happy again.

But then the update.

The purple 3+#-&$#?+@ issues come back !!!! I am confident that the issues come back only after the latest HTC update. ( probably also something to do with the hardware defect)

I dunwan to go throught factory reset all over again. And have to reinstalling and log in every account. It's really painful. It's not fun at all. Plus I worry if I do so and the next HTC update will again cause the problem again.

Last time when I factory reset, it doesn't solve the problem of the camera issues. So I am not confident this time will do the magic. Have anyone experiences this ?

Repaired -> software update -> camera issues !

I still have half year warranty. Shall I wait for the next update ?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So I was hesitant. I went ahead and sent it in for repairs for the purple issue. Lo and behold they say now my casing is cracked. My casing has never had a crack in it nor my screen. Now they want to charge me $180 to fix it. Mind you my phone was in great shape when I sent it in. I bubble wrap it myself. I called and they are escalating it and says they are going to try to get me pictures. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Now what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

earthalim

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
So I was hesitant. I went ahead and sent it in for repairs for the purple issue. Lo and behold they say now my casing is cracked. My casing has never had a crack in it nor my screen. Now they want to charge me $180 to fix it. Mind you my phone was in great shape when I sent it in. I bubble wrap it myself. I called and they are escalating it and says they are going to try to get me pictures. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Now what?

What the hell.... Before sending in my phone, the guy will run through the whole phone with me . He will note down which part got scratches. There will be like a phone diagram and he just mark which part have what kind of scratches... And will photocopy the paper for me... So if anything happen or my phone come back with new scratches,it will be their faults.

So have you go through this process?

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
They sent me pics. What they call cracks is where the paint has flaked off. It's looks like a few specks of dust. My is the black version.

earthalim

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
They sent me pics. What they call cracks is where the paint has flaked off. It's looks like a few specks of dust. My is the black version.

Ask them replace one for you.

johnnyenjoi

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I have the black one too and have one of those specks near the bottom of the backside of my phone. That's ridiculous that they would call those cracks. Looks like I'm not getting the camera issue fixed for awhile.