HTC One - What's happening about the "speaker blown" problem?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: What's happening about the "speaker blown" problem?

I've seen a youtube video on it, and a load of comments saying they have it too and asking how to fix it. I didn't post this in the other topic since it seems to be plagued with trolls who would give me false information. Hoping to get a few legit answers here before they notice.

You are second person that has said they have seen youtude videos of blown speakers, can you give me a link to the video because I can't seem to find any videos about blown speakers?

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site

It's amazing how the HTC SALES people here always accuse others to be trolls when they have problems.

There are many experiencing blown out speakers. So many that I've even heard about it, and I'm an iPhone user not interested in this phone.

Don't accuse people of being trolls.

Has it ever occurred to you that, just like the One X wifi problem (the one HTC acknowledged) that the speaker blown problem may have been an issue with a batch of ONEs and was silently fixed in manufacturing. Maybe all these people having problems were unlucky and got one of the ones with issues.

Wouldn't be the first time an HTC phone has hardware/build quality problems. They're quite notorious for making iffy phones.

That's funny I'm an HTC One user and as I stated, I have never heard of this problem. Not calling anyone a troll or liar... Like you did in your other posts...

Only a fool would think any cell phone company could make zero mistakes in every batch with their manufacturing process.

For example: I love iPhones and have had several. When I first got the 4s- the home button stopped working after a few weeks and they replaced the unit. Later on, another unit DID blow a speaker. Same thing happened on a Blackberry Storm back in the day. I didn't go thrashing iPhone and Blackberry forums. But then again, I have a life.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

It's amazing how the HTC SALES people here always accuse others to be trolls when they have problems.

There are many experiencing blown out speakers. So many that I've even heard about it, and I'm an iPhone user not interested in this phone.

Don't accuse people of being trolls.

Has it ever occurred to you that, just like the One X wifi problem (the one HTC acknowledged) that the speaker blown problem may have been an issue with a batch of ONEs and was silently fixed in manufacturing. Maybe all these people having problems were unlucky and got one of the ones with issues.

Wouldn't be the first time an HTC phone has hardware/build quality problems. They're quite notorious for making iffy phones.
I've been on these forums for years and actively work all the sites. I'm not sure if you're saying I called someone a troll, but I'll go ahead and think you didn't. There's a difference between pointing at someone and calling them a troll, and mentioning the fact that there are many who actively cruise sites to disrupt and bring down anyone who disagrees with their point.

I've never had a single issue with my device, and I've never encountered anyone with an issue with their speakers. I had one coworker who's device needed a reboot daily, but that issue was resolved for him. Outside of that, I've never encountered any problems so far. /point

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

You are second person that has said they have seen youtude videos of blown speakers, can you give me a link to the video because I can't seem to find any videos about blown speakers?

HTC One Sound Quality Problems | Yassar King - YouTube
One Blown Speaker - One Blown Speaker - YouTube
Weird HTC One speaker issue - YouTube

To be fair look what happens when you google iphone blown speak too. I think the people saying this isn't a massive problem are right, all this is just a few trolls/smearers who have been heavy-hitting this forum recently in the war between HTC and Samsung.

rbradkc

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Actually I got the Red Sprint HTC One from amazon yesterday, and this is exactly the issue I had with my phone the first time I listened to music through the Speakers, I first tried it with the Sirius/XM app and then with the Google Music App, but put off a sound as if the speakers were blown. I turned off the BeatAudio, and the sound of blown speakers went away. Turned it back on and the distortion was back. My Coworker said the same thing happened with her phone.

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I mostly listen to things through my earphones, but I'm paying more for a key feature of the product so I want it to work when I try/need to use it.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I mostly listen to things through my earphones, but I'm paying more for a key feature of the product so I want it to work when I try/need to use it.

I think the speaker issue had been resolved. I read somewhere, and also here (thus confirming it) that Samsung payed the speaker mfg to sabotage all HTC one speakers. Each speaker was handled by a professional audio engineer who then set each speaker to get blown at random as to minimize the risk of exposing Samsung. Samsung payed out a few hundred dollars to the factory in total bribes (so you KNOW it's true. What factory manager WOULDN'T risk prison, fines, and worse for a few hundred $). I know many that would.

HTC in retaliation decided to drop a koolaid man to bust down the walls at the speaker factory, now the rubble of the factory is all that is left. It was covered up in the news and was passed out to be a fireworks factory that went up in smoke when in reality it was the HTC speaker factory.
Unknown to the public that very same speaker company was also responsible for the cabbage pack kid phenomena, Obama's winning election, and Miley Cyrus' live strip show at the VMA's.

Indeed.

True story.
A. Lincoln said so.

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I think the speaker issue had been resolved. I read somewhere, and also here (thus confirming it) that Samsung payed the speaker mfg to sabotage all HTC one speakers. Each speaker was handled by a professional audio engineer who then set each speaker to get blown at random as to minimize the risk of exposing Samsung. Samsung payed out a few hundred dollars to the factory in total bribes (so you KNOW it's true. What factory manager WOULDN'T risk prison, fines, and worse for a few hundred $). I know many that would.

HTC in retaliation decided to drop a koolaid man to bust down the walls at the speaker factory, now the rubble of the factory is all that is left. It was covered up in the news and was passed out to be a fireworks factory that went up in smoke when in reality it was the HTC speaker factory.
Unknown to the public that very same speaker company was also responsible for the cabbage pack kid phenomena, Obama's winning election, and Miley Cyrus' live strip show at the VMA's.

Indeed.

True story.
A. Lincoln said so.

I would explain myself but I received a 2 day ban from the crackberry section. What do you want me to do, continue it on windows?

rbradkc

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Mine was a brand new sealed phone that I opened yesterday.. shouldn't have had that much dust and crap to cause the distortion on my phone.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

A lot (most) people don't know the difference between blown and clipping.

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

To my understanding most people don't have blown speakers, but a lot of people genuinely have crackling and some kind of faults with the boomsound. One of the major selling points is the dual front speakers, and it sounds like there's a good chance I will be sold one with that issue. The S4 has a minute speaker on the back which is really no competition, but I have now heard about people having camera problems where the pictures are all purple or something?

I am ordering from amazon.co.uk SIM free, returning is going to be a problem and I am getting worried this phone has too many problems. I really do one the HTC One but looking past the amount of sales trashers on the android forum and to the genuine people making complaints about quality, it is getting worrying.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

Most people don't, a lot do, a good chance I will. My head hurts!

Sent from my One

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I am genuinely unsure. I strongly prefer the One to the S4 since it's screen is also a lot better, sense 5 is faster than the galaxy, the browser appears to be faster as a result and also has flash by default which is good. And the default keyboard looks a lot better. My biggest attraction is the screen, it has higher PPI and is an IPS variant which is one of the best and I want to watch a lot of TV/movies on it so I see this one as the best.

But if the speakers breaking, the camera not taking photos correctly/corrupted or whatever, and the build quality/edges are genuine concern, I don't know what to do in the end. If this device came guaranteed without those serious physical issues it would be the hands down winner.

hooksy7

May 1, 2013
Visit site

I had the HTC one and loved the phone but had one with blown speaker actually replaced it with another that had blow speaker as well before getting a good one which my 15 year old son wanted so I gave it to him and bought an S4 which I now regret. Wish I would have bought another htc one although the S4 is a good phone as well, I just prefer to he premium build of the HTC one and the smoothness of the software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I had the HTC one and loved the phone but had one with blown speaker actually replaced it with another that had blow speaker as well before getting a good one which my 15 year old son wanted so I gave it to him and bought an S4 which I now regret. Wish I would have bought another htc one although the S4 is a good phone as well, I just prefer to he premium build of the HTC one and the smoothness of the software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Right, confirms what I'm thinking. An S4 would be stable and reliable, but overall just missing out on a lot of stuff.

I'm going to try and get the black htc one though, what material is that made out of?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I've had no speaker issue to speak of yet but every part HTC I've owned has had the speaker blow out.

In guessing it's just a matter of time but the One is just so worth the chance to me. Damn nice phone

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Bean59

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I bought a Verizon HTC One the day after they came out, waited over 6 months to replace my 3 year old Droid X that was pretty much done. Within a couple weeks top speaker started sounding funny. Took it back in and nothing they could do about it because no replacement phones yet. Within another week top speaker lost all sound so had to start using speaker phone to talk to anyone. Couple week of using the bottom speaker all the time it started to go and now I couldnt understand anyone on the phone. After a month + trying to get a replacement phone I finally just sent it in and this morning they called to say they are going to replace it. I like the phone but it has been a royal pain in my A especially since I use it for work. Hopefully the new one will do better.

Side note, I do get allot of metal dust and particles in my work. My Droid X always had metal fuzz on it but it was fine for 3 years with no speaker problems. If this is the issue I am not sure how to keep metal out of it.

t_p

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

my wife and I both have tmo htc one's and thankfully no speaker problems yet and hopefully never. i just wanted to chime in and say that the insurance is not the best plan either. My wife got a crack on her glass a month or so after purchase and even though we have the insurance on both phones we haven't cashed in on it yet because her phone is still functional and it's $150 to invoke and it's never the top priority. We would probably only use the insurance if lost or stolen or fully broken.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49