Trading my HTC One for the S4

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi after months of using this phone i really love it but one thing is killing me, the slow charging feature!!!!! I would get through the day with it but if i want to go out at night it would most likely die on me since i cant leave it charging for long before i go out. Now i'm considering going to the s4 and purchasing extra battery packs so i can change whenever I need the additional power. I just wanted to know if the S4 still had the lag issues that everyone was complaining about. Did they ever end up fixing it?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi after months of using this phone i really love it but one thing is killing me, the slow charging feature!!!!! I would get through the day with it but if i want to go out at night it would most likely die on me since i cant leave it charging for long before i go out. Now i'm considering going to the s4 and purchasing extra battery packs so i can change whenever I need the additional power. I just wanted to know if the S4 still had the lag issues that everyone was complaining about. Did they ever end up fixing it?

I bought my S4 on the release date. A week later there was an update that fixed the lag for me.

People still complain about touchwiz lag, but I haven't experience it.

My wife has the HTC One and the slow charging feature does zap her, but...

Her screen time is extremely high as she rarely touches her laptop.

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought my S4 on the release date. A week later there was an update that fixed the lag for me.

People still complain about touchwiz lag, but I haven't experience it.

My wife has the HTC One and the slow charging feature does zap her, but...

Her screen time is extremely high as she rarely touches her laptop.

Great glad to hear, mine as well. It just absolutely kills me, I like the the HTC One so much more

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had an S4 since launch day and I love it. But I just received an HTC One as a work device and I fell in love with it. I'm highly considering selling my GS4 and buying a One if they give me something different in the near future.

This phone is gorgeous.

Posted via Android Central App with my HTC One on AT&T

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have had an S4 since launch day and I love it. But I just received an HTC One as a work device and I fell in love with it. I'm highly considering selling my GS4 and buying a One if they give me something different in the near future.

This phone is gorgeous.

Posted via Android Central App with my HTC One on AT&T

I think the HTC One is a better phone, no lag, great IU, I love it but it doesnt fit my needs, I'm a heavy user that constantly need battery. Only if HTC would let us have the option of quick or slow charge

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the HTC One is a better phone, no lag, great IU, I love it but it doesnt fit my needs, I'm a heavy user that constantly need battery. Only if HTC would let us have the option of quick or slow charge

Well if you aren't into gaming the Moto X has the best battery life atm.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I know Verizon htc one I bought the other day came with 4.2.2. My question is are the HTC ones on other carriers still on an older version? I say this because I read all these negative points to the phone, but have not experienced it . This phone seems to last longer than the s4 I had for a week. Seems to charge just as fast as my iPhone 5 did. Just wondering if that is the difference.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4.

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you thought about the Mophie Juice Pack for your HTC One? It's got pretty good reviews and looks good as well. Pretty much will double your phone's battery life. And it is switchable, so it isn't always feeding juice to your device unless you want it to. Go through the day on your initial charge from over night, then before you head out the door for a night out, flip the switch and bam you've got another full days worth of battery life.

Just a good suggestion since it seems you're hesitant about switching from the HTC One (which I don't blame you, I absolutely love mine. Best phone I've ever owned).

Just my 2 pennies:)

Posted via Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The slow charging doesn't bother me,specially that kernels are out at XDA for fast charging,though what I hate about this phone are the fact that its very prone to chipping and scratching if you don't use a full on cover like double flip,also the camera is just ok for daylight and very buggy for low light (blue tint and slow shutter) which is a pitty when you know they advertise everything on this..
The design is very cool but you get bored of it after 2 months,the UI and the screen are the only thing excellent about it.
I like the S4 but the poor sunlight legibility and perhaps not as good sound quality (over earphones) are keeping me away of it

akk60

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Well the moto x has the adreno 320 gpu which is similar to the unit in the htc one, so that makes it a great gaming device with more battery than the one or the s4 due to the 720p display.

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you thought about the Mophie Juice Pack for your HTC One? It's got pretty good reviews and looks good as well. Pretty much will double your phone's battery life. And it is switchable, so it isn't always feeding juice to your device unless you want it to. Go through the day on your initial charge from over night, then before you head out the door for a night out, flip the switch and bam you've got another full days worth of battery life.

Just a good suggestion since it seems you're hesitant about switching from the HTC One (which I don't blame you, I absolutely love mine. Best phone I've ever owned).

Just my 2 pennies:)

Posted via Android Central App

It's definitely an alternative but the phones already huge, I don't really want to add mass to it

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I know Verizon htc one I bought the other day came with 4.2.2. My question is are the HTC ones on other carriers still on an older version? I say this because I read all these negative points to the phone, but have not experienced it . This phone seems to last longer than the s4 I had for a week. Seems to charge just as fast as my iPhone 5 did. Just wondering if that is the difference.

Well I'm on AT&T and its still on 4.1.2

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you aren't into gaming the Moto X has the best battery life atm.

But it's only a 720p screen and he camera is terrible right?

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The slow charging doesn't bother me,specially that kernels are out at XDA for fast charging,though what I hate about this phone are the fact that its very prone to chipping and scratching if you don't use a full on cover like double flip,also the camera is just ok for daylight and very buggy for low light (blue tint and slow shutter) which is a pitty when you know they advertise everything on this..
The design is very cool but you get bored of it after 2 months,the UI and the screen are the only thing excellent about it.
I like the S4 but the poor sunlight legibility and perhaps not as good sound quality (over earphones) are keeping me away of it

How do I enable fast charge?! Please enlighten me. I use to jailbreak my phones but never experienced modding any androids

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Well the moto x has the adreno 320 gpu which is similar to the unit in the htc one, so that makes it a great gaming device with more battery than the one or the s4 due to the 720p display.

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

Heavy gaming will negate that great battery life so I try to separate the two.

But it's only a 720p screen and he camera is terrible right?

Arguments about the camera some people believe the issues can be fixed with a software update.

It is only 720p but that is made up for in the battery life you gain. Gaming kind of negates the great battery life to a point.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to know if the S4 still had the lag issues that everyone was complaining about. Did they ever end up fixing it?
Yes. There was an update that came out soon after the phone was released that helped quite a bit and then another that came out in July that alleviated it.

The Moto X is also a good choice depending on usage. You won't have a removable battery so if you want to just keep two batteries charged for the day you won't have that option. You'll have to weigh the CPU, camera, display and removable storage specs of the S4 vs the battery saving specs of the Moto X. IMO unless you so something specific with your phone or want lots of storage it's a lot closer match up than what many people consider. Taking a hit for a few specs that might not actually matter to get a better battery life is a compromise quite a few people should be willing to make.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
This is only my personnel experience. I had the s4 about 2weeks ago and I noticed some lag. I have not noticed that with One at all. With that being said, I am still evaluating the One, to decide whether I will stay with this or go with the s4.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
How do I enable fast charge?! Please enlighten me. I use to jailbreak my phones but never experienced modding any androids

Lol yes jailbreak was so simple. I'm a little nervous to "root", but like to if it's even possible with the Verizon HTC One.

freakshow999

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
As for the op
I figured out if you put the One in power save mode it charges extremely fast. Keep in mind this phone is picky about its charger. For the car I actually had to buy one from the AT&T store. None of my existing 2.1 amp chargers would work properly. I kept getting the HTC charger warning.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
As for the op
I figured out if you put the One in power save mode it charges extremely fast. Keep in mind this phone is picky about its charger. For the car I actually had to buy one from the AT&T store. None of my existing 2.1 amp chargers would work properly. I kept getting the HTC charger warning.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

That's what i usually do, but still doesnt cut it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37