Turn off LED charging light?

TimboSliceSliceBaby

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I love pretty much everything about the One. The one exception is that darn LED light that comes on when charging. It literally lights up my bedroom when I charge it at night.

I searched the forums, but didn't find much regarding this question. Is there a way to turn the light off while charging? I use a docking speaker, so I can't just lay it face down (unless I throw away my $60 speaker dock.)

Any thoughts?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I love pretty much everything about the One. The one exception is that darn LED light that comes on when charging. It literally lights up my bedroom when I charge it at night.

I searched the forums, but didn't find much regarding this question. Is there a way to turn the light off while charging? I use a docking speaker, so I can't just lay it face down (unless I throw away my $60 speaker dock.)

Any thoughts?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Put the phone face down when charging! If the volume is all the way up, you should still hear it ring.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
That's kind of strange. I thought the LED was hardly noticeable, I have to double check. Maybe I have so many other LEDs in my bedroom that this one is the dimmest, but I don't notice it at all.

Arcendus

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Far as I can tell it isn't possible, which is very annoying. ESPECIALLY when using this thing in a car dock and driving at night. When it's fully charged, that green light shines like a beacon right into my eyes so bad to the point where I have to remove the charger occasionally just to get the light to turn red, which is slightly less blinding. The fact that the light can't be disabled is just totally baffling to me, as if it's more important to know your phone is charging (it's plugged in, so why wouldn't it be?) than it is to have the light blink to let you know you have a message/mail.

Oh and Mondingo, way to fully read the OP's question lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699