No memory card slot: how to manage memory?

smartphone185

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi.. I say I am ignorant in technology. And I am posting this thread because before making the huge expense needed to get this phone I want to be sure on how I'll overcome limitations due to the lack of a sd slot.
So.. I already know that, through the OTG USB I can move any type of file(s) from (and back to) the phone to external memory units (usb memory, hard disk, computer).
But what about apps? Let's say I want to own 150 non-free apps, keep 10 on the phone and 140 on an external memory unit, always ready to be driven into the phone and used again: any solution for this?

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I might get a better picture, what is the use- case for keeping apps off the phone? I can't think of a reason to store apps on an external drive.

smartphone185

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I spoke of 150 apps (games!). I don't think they can be stored in a phone memory, not if it's 16GB nor if 32GB. And of course if I delete them, I have to pay again to get them back later. That was the purpose. When I say "apps" I mean games.
Also, a more app-loaded phone will be slower of course.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I spoke of 150 apps (games!). I don't think they can be stored in a phone memory, not if it's 16GB nor if 32GB. And of course if I delete them, I have to pay again to get them back later. That was the purpose. When I say "apps" I mean games.
Also, a more app-loaded phone will be slower of course.
You don't have to pay to get them back as long as you're using the same account, IIRC. In fact, you can install them on multiple devices at once if you want.