HTC ONE Black has tiny scratches/ I'm done with HTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys, I'm not going to post here for a few.....

I'm putting on my "special" soft gloves and inserting new batteries in my "special" flashlight and going to inspect my toast.

**UPDATE**

DAMMIT!!! I found flaws in my Sunbeam toast!!! That's it, I'm switching to Nature's Own...wait...screw it...it has flaws too!! I'm not eating anymore. All my food has flaws!! I will feed myself through a tube. Wait...DAMMIT!! The tube has tiny swirley scratch marks...I give up....SHOOT ME!!!!

I've found that the inherent moistness of Nature's Own Butterbread variety is well worth any minor scratches or dents in the crust.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
An overused term around here, in my opinion. :)

Mine isn't as bad (I hope), but I have a friend who counts the number of items she chews to make sure she finishes in even numbers. If there a sandwich and it is whole, she cuts in half so there is 2 items not one. If there are 39 fries in her bag, she will cut the last one so the count ends on an even number.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't as bad (I hope), but I have a friend who counts the number of items she chews to make sure she finishes in even numbers. If there a sandwich and it is whole, she cuts in half so there is 2 items not one. If there are 39 fries in her bag, she will cut the last one so the count ends on an even number.

I hope you screw with her by taking a fry when she's not looking

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I admit to having to take sixteen bites out of each sandwich I eat. We're talking standard sandwich bread here.

I've done the "cut the last item in half to make an even number" thing as well.

When I was a kid (long ago) living in England, I used to have to turn my body the opposite way for every turn I took during the day. Andre Norton wrote a novel that featured this behavior (caused by something other than OCD) called "The Revolving Boy".

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
2 Questions:

1. Did this happen at the store? If so, couldn't someone examine more of them and get the one with the least imperfections?
2. Has there ever been a device with 0 imperfections?

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
i recently bought an htc one in black from at&t and i used special gloves to unbox them like i do for all my phones but as soon as i picked up a flashlight and started examining it i saw a number of tiny circular scratches on the sides, everything was perfect and clean but the sides i'm a big htc fan i had the htc evo 3d, htc one s, and the htc droid dna. But the one s and dna had the same issues they were perfect but the sides had these marks after normal use sometimes fresh out of the box this enrages me so after the one i'm done with htc.

Posted via android central app

it's a phone, not a ferrari!!!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
HTC Rep: "I am sorry sir, you returned the phone because it is damaged but I am holding it in my hand and I do not see any defects to the device. You are going to have to pay a restocking fee"

KingAL: "Of course you do not see the scratches!!!! You are not wearing the 'Special Gloves' and are not using a flashlight!!!!"

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Special gloves for unboxing......I think after I stop laughing I still wont have a response for that one.
I recently bought an HTC One in black from at&t and I used special gloves to unbox them like I do for all my phones but as soon as I picked up a flashlight and started examining it I saw a number of tiny circular scratches on the sides, everything was perfect and clean but the sides I'm a big HTC fan I had the HTC Evo 3D, HTC One S, and the HTC Droid DNA. But the One S and DNA had the same issues they were perfect but the sides had these marks after normal use sometimes fresh out of the box this enrages me so after the One I'm done with HTC.

Posted via Android Central App

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I hope you screw with her by taking a fry when she's not looking

I can't because she knows my problems enough where she could screw with me equally as bad.

I admit to having to take sixteen bites out of each sandwich I eat. We're talking standard sandwich bread here.

I've done the "cut the last item in half to make an even number" thing as well.

When I was a kid (long ago) living in England, I used to have to turn my body the opposite way for every turn I took during the day. Andre Norton wrote a novel that featured this behavior (caused by something other than OCD) called "The Revolving Boy".

She has a lot more quirks, but I have to admit, every time I come over and she reminds me of her problems by just her being herself. I feel better about my OCD.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
OCD = Ocular Cellular Disease.

It's where you look at a phone with special gloves and flashlights and if you find any flaws, you go ballistic threatening to change manufacturers until all microscopic imperfections are rendered perfect.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Why you guys are judging and make fun of the OP

How many grab the item in front of the shelf at the grocery store or walmart isle, like box food, soups, hair products, that have been handle by multiple people or possible tested or sniffed?

Or do you reach farther back to the middle of the shelf to get something that you feel was last touched by the person who put it up on the shelf?

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Why you guys are judging and make fun of the OP

How many grab the item in front of the shelf at the grocery store or walmart isle, like box food, soups, hair products, that have been handle by multiple people or possible tested or sniffed?

Or do you reach farther back to the middle of the shelf to get something that you feel was last touched by the person who put it up on the shelf?

Thats different in comparison. People don't touch the phones at all at the store. It comes in a seal boxed. Only people I see touching it is before its boxed.. certified technicians and at very rare times, custom officers. The same goes for every other electronic or product unlike items at walmart where one can inspect the food they wish to buy because its out there for grab.

Now the user is question has opened multiple threads complaining of the same scenario with different phone models. Probably different forums too. Advice was given before. What else can we suggest other than switch exchange phone or try a different phone maker.

I don't personally encouraging arguing on online forums because its silly and looks bad.. so my advise is that the OP should just exchange his phone or return it to get it over with and live a happy life if the way all his phones have micro scratches or finish touch looks. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thats different in comparison. People don't touch the phones at all at the store. It comes in a seal boxed. Only people I see touching it is before its boxed.. certified technicians and at very rare times, custom officers. The same goes for every other electronic or product unlike items at walmart where one can inspect the food they wish to buy because its out there for grab.

Now the user is question has opened multiple threads complaining of the same scenario with different phone models. Probably different forums too. Advice was given before. What else can we suggest other than switch exchange phone or try a different phone maker.

I don't personally encouraging arguing on online forums because its silly and looks bad.. so my advise is that the OP should just exchange his phone or return it to get it over with and live a happy life if the way all his phones have micro scratches or finish touch looks. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

My point is we are all a little nuttier than we think we are and may not even realize it.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
We're definitely beyond the point of being productive here, so I'm closing this. Also, as stated in the Mobile Nations Community Rules & Guidelines, we do consider accusations of trolling to be a form of trolling itself, primarily because it tends to stir things up just as much. In the future, report the post, and if you don't see any use in commenting, don't comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci