HTC One: Can't change lock screen options

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I set a PIN for my lock screen and have decided to turn it off, but when I go to settings the ability to turn it off is grayed out. Any ideas how to change that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't change lock screen options

I set a PIN for my lock screen and have decided to turn it off, but when I go to settings the ability to turn it off is grayed out. Any ideas how to change that?

What rom are you running? Kevin O'Quinn doesn't have this issue, but now both of us do. Trying to figure it out.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

We may have to reset. I'm really at a loss here. I can't say it's a problem with a rom or the phone.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

We may have to reset. I'm really at a loss here. I can't say it's a problem with a rom or the phone.

I just got it this week and spent the last 3 days getting it to where I wanted it. I'd rather just live with the PIN!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I just got it this week and spent the last 3 days getting it to where I wanted it. I'd rather just live with the PIN!

Here's my advice since my resolution is vastly different than one I can give you:

Download Helium and back up all your apps so you won't have to manually reinstall them. This will also save your game states and stuff.
Grab the ruu I posted in the rooting/romming section and flash it, that should undo the security, but bring the phone back to totally new, nothing installed.
Do the Google setup wizard, download Helium and restore all your apps. That should make this fix a lot more painless.

If you find a different fix, let me know. I'm updating my rom entirely since there happens to be an update for it.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

not using encryption, i have a certificate installed to get on my work network. FYI, tried installing Helium but it won't recognize the phone on my system.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

From my Google+:

Jack Holt1:03 PM1

Found this I don't know if this will help.

"Go to Settings--> Profiles .
In the profile settings at the bottom is an entry for "System settings-->Lock screen mode".
You can choose several settings, one of which is disable.
You can disable Lock Screen by "disable" option or you can remove PIN by "insecure lock screen" option.

OR

Turned off the screen, turned it back on and clicked on Forgot in the right down corner. Give Google password and it will change Lock method automatically back to slide."

Try that last part before you ruu.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't have a "forgot" button. I tried disabling swiftkey... now I get no keyboard to enter the PIN. I may have to remotely wipe it.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

OK, after a couple of restarts it gives me a keyboard. Still no "forgot" button though.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

It's really quite an annoying problem. The ruu will wipe it for you and reinstall to stock. Hopefully your backup is ready to use.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

If you haven't ruued yet, try to input the wrong pin a bunch of times until recovery comes up. That may work as well.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Could it possibly have something to do with using Google 2-step verification?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante