Blink feed + nova launcher

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes. You make a Nova widget that points to Sense. After that, tap on it and delete all your other homescreens. You now have a shortcut to Blinkfeed.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Or a shortcut that points to HTC Sense activity if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I meant, but the shortcut is under widgets for whatever reason. I use Action Launcher, but since it doesn't support activity shortcuts I have Nova installed just for the widget.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
That's what I meant, but the shortcut is under widgets for whatever reason. I use Action Launcher, but since it doesn't support activity shortcuts I have Nova installed just for the widget.

You can double tap on empty space on a home screen, select shortcuts and then explore activities to find HTC Sense. Shortcuts and Widgets are separate entries on Nova long-tap-on-screen menu. I think the OP already figured it with our instructions, though.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
@OP, yes it works great with Nova. It's exactly the setup I have. Here is a (customized for Nova) step by step and a link at the bottom to the original thread. (Note: it says "Action Launcher" on the thread, but these instructions give instructions for Nova and most launchers.

1. Clear the defaults of the current default homescreen launcher.
    • Go to Settings / Apps
    • Scroll down and select "Nova Launcher"
    • Scroll down and select the "Clear defaults" button
    • Press the home key. You should now have a choice of which launcher to use. Select HTC Sense and choose "One Time Only".
  2. Delete all home screens except Blinkfeed. (Do this under the normal HTC home screen configuration settings.)
  3. Optional: Clear the apps out of the dock. You can keep the homescreens and icons in the dock if you wish, but deleting them makes a clean Blinkfeed-only setup.
  4. Press Home. This time choose you Nova launcher and select "Always". This should take you to your Nova home screen.
  5. Create a custom shortcut:
    • Press the homescreen and choose Shortcuts from the "Add to Home Screen" menu.
    • Select "Activities" at the top of the next popup menu
    • Scroll to HTC Sense and select it
  6. You now have a shortcut icon that will take you to Blinkfeed.
  7. Clicking the icon will open Blinkfeed. Clicking home again returns you to your preferred launcher homescreen.

Credit to
SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl.

Using Blinkfeed with another launcher

maddymithi

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but this is not working for me, There is no option called HTC Sense. There are HTC recommend and HTC blinkfeed and HTC backup etc. But when I put them on the home screen the way you have suggested, its saying permission denied.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
It still works.
Go to Nova Settings
For me:
Gestures and Buttons -> Home Button --> Shortcuts --> Activities --> scroll down to HTC Blinkfeed and choose it.

If you don't want it with your home button you can just choose a gesture or just a shortcut.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay