Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By seasoul
  • 2 Post By Topgonzo
  • 1 Post By Topgonzo
  • 3 Post By seasoul
  • 2 Post By Farish
  • 2 Post By seasoul
  • 1 Post By seasoul
  • 5 Post By Gator352
  • 1 Post By Farish
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can a couple of steam showers make the water indicators go off?

Just recently bout an HTC one and I have brought it into the shower a few times twice fully exposed and the other with towels over it I wanted to know if this would set off the water indicators and also would it had done damage to my speakers because the top one was sounding weird without beats till a master reset was performed now it's fineconfused:

Default Re: Can a couple of steam showers make the water indicators go off?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Droid Incredible(2)->Lumia 900(Brief)/ iPhone 4s-> Lumia 920(3)->Z10(2)->One(3)->S4(Brief)->iPhone 5->iPhone 6+, (*)-Number Replaced

absolutely.... and it will not be covered... unless you're paying for extended warranty that specifically covers water damage.
    Thanked by:
    Topgonzo and Deanig_12 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well could this be the reason why my top speaker sounds lower than the other with beats off? Software issue maybe?

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vallejoseph View Post
    Well could this be the reason why my top speaker sounds lower than the other with beats off? Software issue maybe?
    Pretty sure that's a hardware issue... Water and most cell phones (including the One) don't mix. I wish you the best of luck though. Sometimes after a while things like this might start working again...

Posted via Android Central App
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy Tab 7 (Original)

You took your electronic device and exposed it to water. If you wanted to do this why not get the Sony? For future reference: water and electronics don't mix. Tap water is conductive and any exposure has a serious risk of shorting/frying/what have you electronics.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Droid Incredible(2)->Lumia 900(Brief)/ iPhone 4s-> Lumia 920(3)->Z10(2)->One(3)->S4(Brief)->iPhone 5->iPhone 6+, (*)-Number Replaced

Why would you take your phone into the bathroom when you are in the shower? It gets so hot and humid in there with moisture definitely not a good idea

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Gator352 and Deanig_12 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Why would you take your phone into the bathroom when you are in the shower? It gets so hot and humid in there with moisture definitely not a good idea

Most people take their phones to the bathrom for the following reasons:

(1) not missing calls during #1
    (2) better than reading magazines during #2
    (3) have the phone nearby when showering/bathing
    (4) suffer from separation anxiety if apart from the phone more than 10 feet
    (5) testing to see if the water damage stickers will turn pink with steam alone

I am guilty of 1, 2, and maybe 3.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not sure if anyone remembers back when the s3 came out, people in China were having problems with the phones water damage indicators. They were turning red due to Chinas high humidity levels alone. So its good practice not to take your phones into areas with high humidity levels ex; hot shower.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Not sure if anyone remembers back when the s3 came out, people in China were having problems with the phones water damage indicators. They were turning red due to Chinas high humidity levels alone. So its good practice not to take your phones into areas with high humidity levels ex; hot shower.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed... never take the phone into a shower... unless someone else is holding the phone for you in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by seasoul View Post
    Most people take their phones to the bathrom for the following reasons:

(1) not missing calls during #1
    (2) better than reading magazines during #2
    (3) have the phone nearby when showering/bathing
    (4) suffer from separation anxiety if apart from the phone more than 10 feet
    (5) testing to see if the water damage stickers will turn pink with steam alone

I am guilty of 1, 2, and maybe 3.
    I understand all but number 3. If you are in the shower you aren't going to be using the phone. I had a girlfriend that used to take her phone everywhere including the bathroom when she showered. I thought it was very odd. Later I found out that she was cheating and was not wanting me to see a text or picture etc on her phone by chance while she was in the shower

Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    I understand all but number 3. If you are in the shower you aren't going to be using the phone. I had a girlfriend that used to take her phone everywhere including the bathroom when she showered. I thought it was very odd. Later I found out that she was cheating and was not wanting me to see a text or picture etc on her phone by chance while she was in the shower
    I had a girlfriend who did that to me... except she had a brick phone!!! (okay.. this was in the early 1990s)
    What was worse was that she was actually not cheating on me... she was getting calls from her "clients"

My friends at the time thought I was crazy for complaining... one of them said "hey, at least you were getting
    it free of charge... her clients had to pay $100 an hour"
    Gator352, hodan and Topgonzo like this.

Ok trying to word this properly.

Ever go to the bathroom and do a number two before taking a shower? Do you sit down and use your phone while doing this? Then after you finish, go immediately into the shower and leave your phone on the counter?

By the way square trade put a report a year or two ago that 20 percent of their warranty repairs was dropping the phone in the toilet.
    Gator352 and Topgonzo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Ok trying to word this properly.

Ever go to the bathroom and do a number two before taking a shower? Do you sit down and use your phone while doing this? Then after you finish, go immediately into the shower and leave your phone on the counter?

By the way square trade put a report a year or two ago that 20 percent of their warranty repairs was dropping the phone in the toilet.
    A British techno-gadget show conducted a test on smartphones. Apparently more than 83 percent of the phones tested positive for fecal matters. Guess where that came from? Yes, people using it while doing #2. That's all I'm going to say...
    Gator352 and Topgonzo like this.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

I've taken mine into the bathroom when I shower so I can continue listening to the podcast or album already in progress. I usually leave the door open so the steam can escape, though. (The cats don't care about my lack of modesty.)

Quote Originally Posted by mkhall View Post
    I've taken mine into the bathroom when I shower so I can continue listening to the podcast or album already in progress. I usually leave the door open so the steam can escape, though. (The cats don't care about my lack of modesty.)

mkhall likes this.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

No. The One speakers sound like crap with Beats off.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

My I.Q. just dropped 20 points reading this thread......
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    My I.Q. just dropped 20 points reading this thread......
    Hodor
    hodan likes this.

If it is in the bathroom I put my shirt over it so it is covered

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Hodor
    Hodor :

A word used for a variety of things, ranging from a fierce battlecry to expressing one's emotions like a retarded stable boy.

So, are you incinuating that I'm expressing my emotions like a retarded stable boy because my I.Q. dropped reading a thread on whether or not to take a phone into the shower?

That's not very nice.....Besides, I have no emotions....I'M MARRIED!!
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6