A Reminder of Just How Good Looking This Phone Is

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my One for about 3.5 months now and since day one I've had this case on it Nillkin Thin Side Flip Leather Cover Case. Before I go any further I want to say that for the money this is a great case if you are looking for a flip-style cover case, which 3-months ago, I was.

The problem is that when it is flipped closed it covers the whole phone. You only get a look at the front when the flip cover is open and after 3-months I just wanted to see more of this beautiful-looking phone. Enter the Insipio Feather Case and the Poetic Palette SLIM Hard Case which are about two of the most minimalist cases you will be able to find for the HTC One that provide full protection for the back of the phone and leave the front fully exposed for those of us who just like to stare at our phones (I still do after 3.5 months) :)

I went with the Poetic Palette only because a friend of mine has the Insipio case and I noticed on his phone the volume rocker was a bit hard to get at with the Insipio case. Anyway I received the Poetic case about a week ago and all I can say is I wish this was the case I had been using since Day one. This phone (and no I'm not being an obnoxious homer fan boy even though I sound like one :D) is really a beautiful piece of hardware and sometimes I think we forget how good-looking some of these phones are (yes, even non-HTC devices ;)) when we cover them with big clunky cases so here's to the One (and other devices) being beautiful phones and showing them off with minimalist cases :cool:

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you like your phone and your new case.

I could be wrong but I sense a little sarcasm in your reply. If that was your intention that's fine. I'm a big boy. I can take it. If it wasn't then I apologize. Anyway the OP really wasn't about me liking my phone and case (OK, maybe it was a little ;)) It was more about other people with this phone who may be able to relate to either side of the equation - Do I go for full protection and cover my phone or do I go with less protection and be able to look at my phone.

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand the fascination with how a phone looks or feels. Its a phone. Not jewelry. I don't stare at my phones exterior or caress it. I use it to connect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
BTW that's not directed at the op. Its directed at all the articles I have read lately about how beautiful phone x is and how ugly phone y is. I just don't get it.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the fascination with how a phone looks or feels. Its a phone. Not jewelry. I don't stare at my phones exterior or caress it. I use it to connect.

Coming from an S4 owner I truly understand.!

frank000333

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The phone looks good, but the main reason why i got the ONE is because of the front facing speakers. I keep it in a uag navigator case which makes it easier to handle cos the phone seems slippery to me. The camera sucks in my opinion and thats the only complaint i got other than that the htc ONE is badass. ;)

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Different strokes for different folks. One of the reasons I stuck with iPhone's for all those years was the build quality. I appreciate good quality and WILL pay extra for the premium feel. Some people buy Jordans other's just buy Nike's on sale. To each their own.

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site

I stare at mine every day. I am staring at it now. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I could be wrong but I sense a little sarcasm in your reply. If that was your intention that's fine. I'm a big boy. I can take it. If it wasn't then I apologize. Anyway the OP really wasn't about me liking my phone and case (OK, maybe it was a little ;)) It was more about other people with this phone who may be able to relate to either side of the equation - Do I go for full protection and cover my phone or do I go with less protection and be able to look at my phone.
It was not sarcasm. I know its unusual to say something simply nice here.

Sent from my humble S4

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
@ OP...totally agree. That's why I use this crystal clear TPU case when I'm out and about. Lately, I've been taking it off when I'm home so I can better appreciate the premium look and feel. And to the person who said who cares what it looks like? Many of us do. We like our things to look and feel nice, like our cars/trucks. Sure, we could get a POS to drive from point A to point B, but why not enjoy the ride?

HTCOneClear4_zps7138d70d.jpg

HTCOneClear1_zpsdfaffa40.jpg

HTCOneClear3_zps825f4edf.jpg

Last edited:

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site

You could say that a phone is like a piece of jewelry. It is an accessory. Like a wrist watch. Strangely enough, looks is what sells a lot of phones (and everything else). Good looks sells many things........ cars, clothes, houses, girlfriends, boyfriends, on and on. Many people do not care what's inside or how well it communicates. They just want a good looking item (or girlfriend!) because they have to see it day in and day out for a long time.

I use skins on my phones. I like to have them "naked" and do not like cases much but I do not want a lot of scratches so a skin protects the phone and allows you to see and feel it the way it was meant.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe someone would imply that look and feel plays no role in their decision on which phone to get.

Are looks the most important thing? No, but they are defiantly considered when I buy a phone. Functionally, feel and looks

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You could say that a phone is like a piece of jewelry. It is an accessory. Like a wrist watch. Strangely enough, looks is what sells a lot of phones (and everything else). Good looks sells many things........ cars, clothes, houses, girlfriends, boyfriends, on and on. Many people do not care what's inside or how well it communicates. They just want a good looking item (or girlfriend!) because they have to see it day in and day out for a long time.

I use skins on my phones. I like to have them "naked" and do not like cases much but I do not want a lot of scratches so a skin protects the phone and allows you to see and feel it the way it was meant.

I love my One, and how good it looks :)

"They say accessories don't make a man, but you can't believe everything you hear" I think this in my head when it comes to my car, or gadgets. ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
@ OP...totally agree. That's why I use this crystal clear TPU case when I'm out and about. Lately, I've been taking it off when I'm home so I can better appreciate the premium look and feel. And to the person who said who cares what it looks like? Many of us do. We like our things to look and feel nice, like our cars/trucks. Sure, we could get a POS to drive from point A to point B, but why not enjoy the ride?

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/ldater/HTCOneClear4_zps7138d70d.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/ldater/HTCOneClear1_zpsdfaffa40.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/ldater/HTCOneClear3_zps825f4edf.jpg

I have exact same case for exact same reason..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/ldater/HTCOneClear4_zps7138d70d.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/ldater/HTCOneClear1_zpsdfaffa40.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/ldater/HTCOneClear3_zps825f4edf.jpg

I like the case. You can still oggle and cat-call at your phone but it's still protected.

Sent from my humble S4

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe someone would imply that look and feel plays no role in their decision on which phone to get.

Are looks the most important thing? No, but they are defiantly considered when I buy a phone. Functionally, feel and looks

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

To tell you the truth, for me it doesn't. The reason why is because I like using cases like the otterbox defender.

My wife bought the phone because of the sound quality and size. Covered in her otterbox she could careless about how the phone looks. The first test she did with the phone is hold it in one hand while holding our son in her other arm.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have exact same case for exact same reason..

Good choice! :-D

I like the case. You can still oggle and cat-call at your phone but it's still protected.

Sent from my humble S4

Exactly. Best of both worlds, but i still have to take it off when I'm home so i can touch and feel and admire. Never did this with a phone before.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I use my phone more than any other accessory in life. More than my car. More than my watch. Etc of course I want a phone that looks premium and says wow, what kind of phone is that? I used to use cases like the commuter. I've bought a few different cases for my one but even now I'm sitting on my couch naked. It's a tough phone. It looks great and is a great accessory to whip out of your pocket anywhere. No one touches my phone but me. Htc for me is the mazarati of phones. Under the hood as well as out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The Incipio Feather (not Feather Shine) is one of the best cases. I've always used that cases for previous phones and they add little bulk, protect the back from scratches and don't get in the way of the looks of the phones too much.

I don't have the Poetic Palette but the Incipio Feather from day one has been extremely good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx