RootAndroid.Com?

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Whew.... I got it! Had to use an older version of TWRP, worked like a charm. I'm fully rooted, just don't know what to do now.... LOL! Thanks for making me challenge myself GolfDriver!! Felt good!!!!

TWRP version 2.5.0.2 is most stable at the moment. 2.6.0.0 as well as 2.6.1.0 are known to hang at the splash screen.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I installed TWRP 2.6.1.0 and it works well on my One. This weekend I changed my MID and CID to get the official stock 4.2.2 OTA so I installed TWRP, rooted the phone and then flash a European RUU to get the official OTAs.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Loving it so far! "One" of my favorites on the custom software is the ability to use the volume button to turn the phone on!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Whew.... I got it! Had to use an older version of TWRP, worked like a charm. I'm fully rooted, just don't know what to do now.... LOL! Thanks for making me challenge myself GolfDriver!! Felt good!!!!

Loving it so far! "One" of my favorites on the custom software is the ability to use the volume button to turn the phone on!

This is the type of stuff I like to see. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much; just recognize that in order to get software updates you'll want to stay updated on your current ROM's builds and flash new versions as they become available. :)

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm just realizing that I used ARHD 13.3 for 4.2.2, and now I'm seeing that there is a version Jelly Bean (Android 4.3 20.1) Is it worth flashing 4.3?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm just realizing that I used ARHD 13.3 for 4.2.2, and now I'm seeing that there is a version Jelly Bean (Android 4.3 20.1) Is it worth flashing 4.3?

My recommendation is, well, to flash away! The more you do it in the beginning, the more familiar you'll get with recovery, bootloader, ADB, etc. If you're referring to this ARHD build, I'd say go for it. 4.3 adds some nice improvements over 4.2.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Quick question about Titanium Backup and my internal storage for HTC ONE.. I've backed up all my apps and system files on the ONE, using TB. Now all I need to do is to save the back up folder from the phone, to my pc. Then after the flash, reinstall TB transfer folder back to phone, the from inside TB, restore?

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Done: :-D

The only thing that depresses me about the latest ARHD Rom is that I didn't see the option during setup, to allow me to use the volume down button to turn phone on, so it doesn't work anymore. With that said, maybe I just missed it. Does constant reflashing hurt the phone? Would like to do it again, maybe I missed the option.\

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Done: :-D

The only thing that depresses me about the latest ARHD Rom is that I didn't see the option during setup, to allow me to use the volume down button to turn phone on, so it doesn't work anymore. With that said, maybe I just missed it. Does constant reflashing hurt the phone? Would like to do it again, maybe I missed the option.\

Thanks

Nope reflashing doesn't hurt. Go ahead.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to keep bother you; but I'm not happy with the updated version on ARHD, none of the mods, like volume down to turn on, disable blinkfeed...etc, are working, where as it "was" working on the prior version. Can I simply re-flash the previous version? Do I need to wipe the device first, then re-flash?

Thanks again for your help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to keep bother you; but I'm not happy with the updated version on ARHD, none of the mods, like volume down to turn on, disable blinkfeed...etc, are working, where as it "was" working on the prior version. Can I simply re-flash the previous version? Do I need to wipe the device first, then re-flash?

Thanks again for your help!

Not strong with HTC devices, but general rule is always full wipe when flashing ROMs. If on the same one wiping cache can fly, but full wipes reduce data conflicts.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech