Getting the htc one

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm within a few weeks of switching from the iphone 5 to the one. My main reasons are:
1)my radio gets worse reception with time...this is true of my last 3 iPhones
2)4.7 inch screen seems like the sweet spot
3)bored with iOS and lack of options
4)it looks professional, like my 5
I have read quite a bit here, and understand that battery life and charging and the camera outdoors are the biggest weaknesses. I have switched my music to spotify, so iTunes's isn't an issue. I message is what I would miss most, as I can find good calendar and find my phone options.
Am I missing anything?

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
As a former iPhone 5 owner, switching to the One was pretty easy. I can say the only things I miss about my iPhone is iMessage and the battery life (for some reason with moderate use I'm about about 65-70% after 2 hours versus being at about 80-85% on the iPhone) other than those, the One is by far much nicer.
Amazing screen, great speakers, great sound quality overall thanks to Beats Audio. It was hard to get used to typing again because the screen is larger but after about 3 days I got the hang of it.
Its faster and smoother than my iPhone was (which wasn't slow by any means) but this phone just seems smoother.

I'd also suggest downloading Kii Keyboard. It has full emoji support (which was something I also missed until I got the keyboard) 😝

Posted via Android Central App

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm within a few weeks of switching from the iphone 5 to the one. My main reasons are:
1)my radio gets worse reception with time...this is true of my last 3 iPhones
2)4.7 inch screen seems like the sweet spot
3)bored with iOS and lack of options
4)it looks professional, like my 5
I have read quite a bit here, and understand that battery life and charging and the camera outdoors are the biggest weaknesses. I have switched my music to spotify, so iTunes's isn't an issue. I message is what I would miss most, as I can find good calendar and find my phone options.
Am I missing anything?

1. Not sure, not experienced this but have only owned a couple of iPhones so not a lot of experience.
  2. In the market, I agree. Personal preferences vary but 4.5 to 5.0" is probably the most popular.
  3. Understand, especially if you like to tinker. Otherwise, iOS is smooth as he11.
  4. Totally agree. Sophisticated, sleek, and contemporary. Very premium look and feel.
Battery life is not "bad" but not spectacular. I keep chargers everywhere so for me it's a non-issue, but coming from the Note 2, it was a big step down.

Charging time is slow, which sucks. But I've read that it helps to prolong the battery life which is good since it's sealed.

Lots of good calendars, but I stumbled across one called aCalendar that I love. Syncs perfectly and instantly with Google and other calendars, has a full screen widget, the translucency of which can be adjusted, and looks fantastic. Plus, it's free and there are no ads. I tried it on a whim and have been completely impressed with it. Has been my go-to since the day I downloaded it. (And no, I am in no way affiliated with the developer or anyone related to the product.)

Overall, the HTC One is the "flagship of flagships"...the best overall device on the market, IMHO.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock calendar but DigiCal+ is the best cale dar app that IveI have tried. Give it a go and see if you find it better than the stock one.

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Welcome and congrats Oldschoolsig!

I did the iPhone to HTC One jump myself!
For very similar reasons- SO SO SO BORED with iOS!!! (I'm keeping my iPad though :))

To me the HTC One is the only phone on the market that meets/exceeds the iPhone aesthetics/build quality. Plus it conceals wonderfully in a suit pocket.

For me the BEST thing about going android is the calendar widgets. I rely on this calendar MUCH more than I ever used the iOS Calendar. This is because widgets displaying appointments right there on your home screen makes ALL. THE. DIFFERENCE. If I have to click an app to check my schedule I'll forget. I don't like having to key in so many reminders- I like to glance.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy