Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Problem: HTC One and Cassette Tape seem incompatible

Hey all, I got my HTC One about a week ago, and so far I love it! Here's the only problem I've encountered:

I have a cassette tape adapter in my car (very basic, plug the headphone jack into your phone/ mp3, put the cassette tape into your cassette player, so your phone/ mp3 can play through your cassette player). It has worked with my past phone, the HTC Evo 4G LTE. However when I plug my One into the adapter, the music player on the One will keep skipping to the next track until I unplug the phone from the adapter. Has anyone else had this problem? Any way to fix it?

Default Re: Problem: HTC One and Cassette Tape seem incompatible

Yup, get a better adapter. Those cassette adapters are THE WORST for keeping stray currents and weird voltage variations from your car stereo shielded from the device you're plugging it to. They were not designed to do that, after all.

Now, your phone can also do a lot of stuff via the headphone jack, not just output music: It can take command inputs (usually from a headset) and audio. Your car stereo is usually the worst-grounded piece of equipment in your car, so it's bound to have stray currents whenever something else happens in your vehicle. Take starting up, for instance; when you have an AUX line connected, you'll hear some noise when firing up the engine. Most cell phones getting or making calls will induce some line noise as well, and turning the lights on and of in your car will also cause interference.

These weird signals can trigger stuff in your phone, like skipping tracks or pausing or turning volume up and down "on its own".
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Awesome, thanks for the info. Is there any high quality adapter that you/ the members of this forum would recommend?

Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

no problems here... listen in my van that way all the time.

Cassette adapter? The 1980s called...
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    Cassette adapter? The 1980s called...
    Lol, generally yes. But my 2000 Audi has a factory cassette, in dash CD, and 10 disc changer!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

which cassete adapter do you use?

i just bought the htc one m8 and its very upsetting that it dosnt work well with casset adapters, the sound quiality is horrible in the car, i have the Monster brand its suppose to be one of the best. does anyone have an HTC one M8 with a Working casset adapter good quality? if so which brand?

Radio shack has a cassette adapter that uses Bluetooth I'm just gonna buy that, should fix the problem I'll let you guys know

The Bluetooth cassette adapter works! Now it's time to save some money and invest in putting an aux input so I get the richest sound quality