Internet App Hangs

cmimagery

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I am relatively new to Android and I have tried several web browsers, but I really like the stock browser on the HTC One (AT&T Version). Recently I have been having an issue with the browser on some sites where I can still scroll the webpage, pinch to zoom, and change tabs but any other navigation functions don't work. Meaning, I can't refresh the page, can't click on a link, can't do anything that makes a new page load...the app is just stuck with the pages that are already loaded. If I force the app closed, it comes back to life. I have been thinking about doing a factory reset, but I want to make sure it is worth my time. I have one site that causes the stock browser to hang every time. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would give it a go on their HTC One stock browser to see if it is a common problem with the site or specific to my phone.

1. Go to Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider | Photoshop & Photography Techniques, News, Books, Reviews & More
2. Scroll to the bottom of the article titled "The Painful Step-By-Step Challenge of Lighting that BMW 650i"
3. Play the YouTube video titled "First Look new Canon EOS 70D"
4. Once the video starts to play in the browser, make it go full screen.
5. You don't have to watch the whole thing. Let it play for 10 seconds, then stop it.
6. Try to refresh the page or follow a link.

If it works for you, does it work multiple times? It seems like I did it once and it didn't hang. However, it almost always does after playing the video. Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I followed your instructions and didn't have any problems as you described. However, I did have problems with the browser hanging up when I would try to open and/or close tabs. As you said, I would have to close it and just play around with it until I got the pages I wanted to load. It wouldn't let me open a new tab or close existing tabs (in their little thumbnail windows with the 'x' in the top right corners.) I recently did a factory reset for an unrelated issue (that turned out to be my own fault) and it seemed to fix the problem.

Like you, I do like the HTC browser better than any of the aftermarket browsers. It's just much smoother. But the issue you mentioned can be frustrating.

dmack0706

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I also have the same thing happening but notice mine on internet android central forums. I fix mine buy going home screen hit advanced task killer and can load next page but can't go back and have to restart the hole process. That's the the only site I found so far.

Posted from the ONE!

cmimagery

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for taking the time! I appreciate it. Looks like I won't do a reset. Hope the next Android update fixes the issue. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!

cmimagery

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to let you know that clearing the cookies seemed to solve my problem. Prior to clearing the cookies, I found that opening a tab in incognito mode fixed the problem as well. Hope that may help someone else having trouble.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae