HTC One during a call

weg220

May 4, 2010
Visit site
First, I checked the forum and didn't find any hits.....anyway I was a IPhone user for 3 years and I just went back to Android (I love it)

So my question is when I use the One on a phone call my stupid fat cheek keeps pressing buttons like mute and add call. Is there a way to disable my screen? it happens almost all my calls.

Any tips of sugestions?

thanks everyone;)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
First, I checked the forum and didn't find any hits.....anyway I was a IPhone user for 3 years and I just went back to Android (I love it)

So my question is when I use the One on a phone call my stupid fat cheek keeps pressing buttons like mute and add call. Is there a way to disable my screen? it happens almost all my calls.

Any tips of sugestions?

thanks everyone;)

The HTC One has a proximity sensor that should turn the screen off when you hold it up to your face.

I think yours might be faulty. Diagnose it to confirm.

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine was doing this at one point when I would be on a call, but then wake the screen- so I could check the calendar or a text or something.

What you can do if you detect this is happening is hit the power button while on the phone call. This will not end the call, just turn the screen off.

FWIW I power cycled my phone and I don't think its doing it anymore- but I'll just have to see!

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One has a proximity sensor that should turn the screen off when you hold it up to your face.

I think yours might be faulty. Diagnose it to confirm.
Right on the money. Ensure that your proximity sensor is working. Make a call to another phone or answering machine, etc. Pull the phone from your face - can you see the screen light up? Yes? Great. Now use your finger or hand to cover the proximity sensor in the upper-left portion of your phone. Does your screen black out? If yes, you should be all set - just ensure that as you talk, you are a bit conscious about ensuring you are moved over the proximity area of your phone to ensure the screen stays black and doesn't (as a result) wake for input detection while on a call.

cookiesnfooty

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Any tips of sugestions?

thanks everyone;)

Be careful how you hold the phone you can hold it slightly away from your Face.

Your other option is exercise and lose the fat?

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463