HTC Sync Manager, MTP error, cannot sync phone

vxtip

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.
I just got this HTC One on Thursday and I plugged it into my netbook (windows xp) hoping i could just copy and paste files like I would on my HTC Evo however, in "My Computer" no disk drive option comes up for the phone (a debugging option comes up on the One, turning it on/off didn't seem to have any effect). What it did was install the HTC Sync program, which it did for the most part, but it gives me some kind of error regarding HTC MTP Device, it says "an error occurred during the installation of the device, the required section was not found in the INF", and that I need to download some other drivers. So then I click the button for the drivers and it takes me to download WIndows Media Player 11, however, the Microsoft validation gives me an error and doesn't work. The only thing I could think of for it failing is perhaps due to a re-install of windows off the back-up partition that came on the netbook's harddrive a couple years ago. Never the less, it seems I am unable to use this HTC Sync program and I cannot otherwise add files through USB. I read some things recommending AirDroid which I am using right now but this is sort of intolerable. This is a new phone and I should be able to use it normally through USB without 3rd party work-arounds. Any advice on this problem, a program that will allow me to use my USB cable and skip HTC Sync, any clue as to what the installation error would be caused by?
Thanks in advance. :)

Beardbros13

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem with a computer running Win XP SP3. I tried all suggestions on changing drivers,etc. I could find, with no luck. The only way I could get it to work finally was to uninstall WMP 11 through control panel, which reverted it back to 9 I believe. Then to download and install WMP 11 fresh again. After that I could sync through media player. Though that may be an issue for you if validation won't work. Seemed to me most of the free apps were limited in file size or amount of files you can move. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma