I Can't Receive Text Messages

DopeFreshness

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So I just got the phone tonight and everything works fine except I can't receive text messages. I can send them and my friends get them, but when they reply it gets sent to my old phone which is an iPhone. I don't know if this is an error on Verizon's part by not setting it up correctly, or if I need to do something with my iPhone to stop the messages from being sent there. Any help is appreciated. I plan to go back to Verizon on Monday, but if I can fix the problem now it would be much easier.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on Verizon I'm on tmobile so this is just my opinion but I don't think it's the phone. That sounds like it's not setup correctly through Verizon. I don't see why you would have to go to Verizon in person though. That should be something they could fix over the phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not the iPhone's fault, it's Verizon's fault.
The only way the iPhone could still be getting text (SMS) messages, is if it's still an active
phone number in Verizon's system. If the iPhone had been completely de-activated, then is should no be able
to receive phone calls, SMS or MMS messages.

:)
Fred

creedjb

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
His phone number is still registered with the iMessage servers. If his friends are all on iPhones, they're responding to his text via iMessage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc