6hrs. screen on time?

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone remember when people were originally reviewing the HTC One and I remember one outlet said that they received incredible battery life. 6hrs. of screen on time and it was running for about 13hrs. I was surprised by that statement and I've noticed every else say and show that they can't get anywhere near that statement. Personally I can't either the most I've ran mine for was barely 4hrs. and it was because I was listening to a podcast on YouTube with my screen brightness on exactly 0%. Also my HTC One charges in 3hrs. compared to other people I've heard saying 6hrs. Do I have a defective unit or something or that's exactly they type of battery life everyone is getting? 2-3hrs. screen on time with 12-16hrs. run use down to about 20-15%.

Posted via HTC One on their cool app

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I rarely let my battery go below 50% but at that point I usually have more than two and a half hours of screen time so I would think 5 hours is possible with my use. Note, I have auto brightness on as well as most location services on. No battery saver checked. I would think I could get more life out of the battery.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I rarely let my battery go below 50% but at that point I usually have more than two and a half hours of screen time so I would think 5 hours is possible with my use. Note, I have auto brightness on as well as most location services on. No battery saver checked. I would think I could get more life out of the battery.

I have auto brightness on and location services on too. But I don't get 2 1/2 before 50% more like 1 1/2 2 at the most.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally left my one on videoing in my pocket and it killed the battery in 20 minutes! Beat that! But battery generally is pretty poor, similar to my S3. But part of that is I can't stop playing with it, even after 3 months! I have started using the awesome Moto-X style app 'Dynamic Notifications' which has helped massively - well worth 99 cents!

6 hours screen time sounds great to me.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally left my one on videoing in my pocket and it killed the battery in 20 minutes! Beat that! But battery generally is pretty poor, similar to my S3. But part of that is I can't stop playing with it, even after 3 months! I have started using the awesome Moto-X style app 'Dynamic Notifications' which has helped massively - well worth 99 cents!

6 hours screen time sounds great to me.
Yea I can't stop playing with it too.lol I don't think I can beat that. Yea the battery for me is worse than the one on my EVO 3D with extended 2500mAh but I do play with it much more than that phone and the screen is a 1000 times better.

vxtip

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
How are you guys checking the screen on time, when I check batter usage the top thing it shows is internet, I know that the screen must be using the most though, why doesn't it show up?

Thirsty1

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
For the first full day of NFL action I got 5 hours on screen over 12 hours. Not bad but the butterfly s would have been a better launch in the US.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You guys need to uninstall the FB app. Also, the phone will charge from 0% to 100% in 2 hours.

I've had mine since launch day and always get 4 hrs. Screen on time. That's with WiFi always on. I don't use BT much.

You've either got apps draining your battery or a bad battery, imo.

Posted via Android Central App

Phil Hendy

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Well i get 5 hrs screen time when i hit 5% left over a 15 hour period fwiw, I use GSAM to monitor and have brightness set to auto. I am running stock 4.2.2 not rooted. The only other app I use for battery management is deep sleep battery saver set to slumber. All my app updates are set to auto update. My biggest piece of advice is to install profile scheduler, a brilliant app where you can control screen brightness and radios to any scenario you can devize, brilliant and i upgraded to the paid version, and on that note wherever possible i use paid for apps to remove advertising banners as they do suck battery.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
You guys need to uninstall the FB app. Also, the phone will charge from 0% to 100% in 2 hours.

I've had mine since launch day and always get 4 hrs. Screen on time. That's with WiFi always on. I don't use BT much.

You've either got apps draining your battery or a bad battery, imo.

I'm not signed into FB

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This was a test I ran yesterday with my ONE. This is not my normal use this was just a test to see what it could do. I got over 6 hrs of on screen time using the gallery, a little internet, playing games and just normal use for phone and text. I think I could have pushed for 7 hrs if I had wanted to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-10-22-47-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-10-22-47-19.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2013-09-10-22-48-05.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-10-22-48-05.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 12