How loose/tight is your Micro USB port?

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Question: When charging, how much give does your HTC One have? Of three usb cables, everyone snaps in and secures tightly, but there is a little give of wobble up, down, left, right. My Galaxy S3 did this as well. If you have other micro usb devices in your home, compare them as well. I think most manufactures give devices a slight give. I think they do this to prevent the usb connector inside the phone from getting damaged, as a tighter fit while being dropped could break the connector inside the phone. So I'm asking everyone to share their usb connector quality from your phone. Or any hacks/tricks you use when charging, your HTC One?

My first HTC Rezound I had to file a claim on because it stopped charging due to me dropping it all the time while charging. Even after trying multiple micro usb cables, and it was very loose/wobbly/no snap. That's the thing I worry about.

I've taken better care of my HTC One than I did my Rezound.

Last edited:

RicM211

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
mine does that too dont know what to make of it. doesnt stop charging ever, just wobbles a bit, i know the port on the phone itself doesnt wobble though.

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I would guess mine has about 2 to 3 degree give up and down and about a 1 to 2 degree give left and right. 360 degrees being a full circle around your phone, 180 would be a complete reverse of your usb cable. Obviously if your phone does this, it's not going to charge. I'm no expert but my Rezound had about a 10 degree give on it. How to tell? Pick a side of your usb cable, hold it up all the way, trace the position, hold it down all the way, trace that position on paper. Should give you two lines connected at one end and open on the other, then picture a circle around the two lines where they don't meet. Determine the degree of the angle.. Geometry people are going to know what I'm talking about. But if it's more than say 10 degrees, it's probably not going to charge very well.

Also want to know what the norm is. My Nokia 822 is about a 1 to 2, my Motorola Bluetooth headphones feel the same as my HTC One with 2 to 4, my roommates GS3 is perfect with a 0 to 1 degree give. And my jam box is pretty snug too, 1 to 2.

Last edited:

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I had problems with my original EVO, but it doesn't appear to be happening with my One.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The cable it came with is very tight when plugging in and unplugging and snaps in firmer than any other cable I've had but there is some play side to side. All the other cables I have laying around are not as tight as the one it came with. My wife has the One also and her OEM cable is the same, very tight.