Which Bluetooth headset gives you the best reception/call quality for the One?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty upset HTC will not fix this problem, as I spend hours on my phone and have a Voyger Pro headset and it sounds so bad... Don't buy a HTC one if you want to use a bluetooth headset..

Well none of the ones I bought for my iPhone worked either. I can't narrow it down and think that Bluetooth technology simply sucks. I've dealt with it enough even on computers to simply hate it. But I can't point the finger at HTC, Apple, etc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Craig, Binder-

I have finally found a headset that provides CRYTSAL clear sound; the Logitech h800.
Granted its not a "run around the house" or "use in the car" type of BT, but for my purposes at work, its perfection.
I get stereo sound and my clients tell me they have never heard my more clearly.
For on the go, I use the Plantronics 155 which isnt great, but its better than any of the other "portable", single-ear options I have used in the past.

Craig T1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Craig, Binder-

I have finally found a headset that provides CRYTSAL clear sound; the Logitech h800.
Granted its not a "run around the house" or "use in the car" type of BT, but for my purposes at work, its perfection.
I get stereo sound and my clients tell me they have never heard my more clearly.
For on the go, I use the Plantronics 155 which isnt great, but its better than any of the other "portable", single-ear options I have used in the past.

Hey, thanks for the info, I wish could use this but I need a single ear one as I'm out and about lunch the time and need the single ear.. I might give it a go for the home when I wfh...

Great to hear you found something I just updated to sence 5.5 and so disappointed... Will keep searching for the perfect bluetooth device...

Posted via Android Central App from HTC One

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
People using low quality headsets and blaming on the phone...I've tried many...two of them that give crystal clear sound with active noise canceling even with car window down are Jawbone icon HD with noise assassin, and Bose Bluetooth headset.
Both support A2DP playback, I carry one in both of my cars. The only thing I like about Bose better is that A2DP sound (richer bass)

Craig T1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
People using low quality headsets and blaming on the phone...I've tried many...two of them that give crystal clear sound with active noise canceling even with car window down are Jawbone icon HD with noise assassin, and Bose Bluetooth headset.
Both support A2DP playback, I carry one in both of my cars. The only thing I like about Bose better is that A2DP sound (richer bass)

I'm using the top of the Line head $220 aus this is the phone it works on Nexus 4, Iphone 3,4 and 5 no issues at all

I have tried the jawbone HD and still the same..

If it was that easy I would have fixed it now I'm looking at the moto 550H which is a $30 headset based on the comments here to see if it work..

It seems most people are using high end devices I know with the same problem..

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the top of the Line head $220 aus this is the phone it works on Nexus 4, Iphone 3,4 and 5 no issues at all

I have tried the jawbone HD and still the same..

If it was that easy I would have fixed it now I'm looking at the moto 550H which is a $30 headset based on the comments here to see if it work..

It seems most people are using high end devices I know with the same problem..

Well, may be in the lucky one...

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE!!! (C&P'ed from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...uetooth-headset-sound-quality-issues-one.html)

I complained multiple times in a medium where I thought I would get a response, and finally did.

I won't (yet) reveal the details but I want you all to know HTC is now aware of the issue and is working with me as the guinea pig to resolve this issue. They've gone to the effort of duplicating my phone (hardware/software) but couldn't duplicate the trouble. They're NOT giving up and saying it's not their fault either! They're working with engineers in Taiwan to address this and hopefully a solution will be available soon. I've had multiple phone calls from them today requesting information and samples. I will do some traces for/with them tomorrow.

I believe they are committed to fix this and do so quickly. I have a lead engineer's email and direct number and he's answered every time. I won't reveal much more than this for now as I want to give HTC the room to work without a bombardment of calls and emails to the department working on it. If they ask for others with the the issue or make a patch available I will most certainly post it here for you all.

I'll keep you posted as this progresses... fingers crossed!

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Replying to my own post here, there was ONE thing that HTC asked me to do that made a significant difference in the sound quality that you all can try too.

1. With the phone app open (you know, the keypad where you dial from?) press the three dots in the top right corner.
2. Choose "Settings"
3. Scroll down to "CDMA call settings"
4. Uncheck "Voice Privacy"
5. Exit out and test a call with your BT headset.

I didn't need to reboot my phone, and after a few test calls to employees (who are used to hearing me on the phone) the consensus was that it was much improved, they could actually understand me, but the that call quality wasn't good enough for a conference call or to speak with a customer. Still over-driven audio output, but much better. You may be able to use it in a pinch.

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Quick update. I spent one hour and forty minutes on the phone this morning with HTC engineers. We downloaded several pieces of software to both my phone and my One, captured records of several instances, and I uploaded them for their evaluation. I'll keep y'all posted as this progresses.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Replying to my own post here, there was ONE thing that HTC asked me to do that made a significant difference in the sound quality that you all can try too.

1. With the phone app open (you know, the keypad where you dial from?) press the three dots in the top right corner.
2. Choose "Settings"
3. Scroll down to "CDMA call settings"
4. Uncheck "Voice Privacy"
5. Exit out and test a call with your BT headset.

I didn't need to reboot my phone, and after a few test calls to employees (who are used to hearing me on the phone) the consensus was that it was much improved, they could actually understand me, but the that call quality wasn't good enough for a conference call or to speak with a customer. Still over-driven audio output, but much better. You may be able to use it in a pinch.

My HTC one is GSM, so my settings are different.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So you're not on Verizon? Which carrier are you on? I've asked before for HTC One users who are not on Verizon but never received a reply. HTC is going to want to know.

I'm on T-Mobile, honestly I don't have any of the issues you're having, my be it's an issue with compression that your carrier is using

Jltklt

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I just chewed out HTC last night about my bluetooth headset issues. I am using a Motorola 730. I downloaded 4.3 and it had made the problem worse. He told me that in January 4.4 kitkat will be given to all the carriers and would fix the bluetooth issues. Let's hope he is right.

TubbyPoutine

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Telus Mobility LTE & HSPA+. No CDMA setting for me either.
Same terrible bluetooth quality for me on my HTC One ... callers always tell me I sound tinny. Even my speakerphone annoys people when I'm driving.

Craig T1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Quick update. I spent one hour and forty minutes on the phone this morning with HTC engineers. We downloaded several pieces of software to both my phone and my One, captured records of several instances, and Iadduo uploaded them for their evaluation. I'll keep y'all posted as this progresses.

Thanks daddio, I'm sick of the blue tooth issues.. I have bought 4 different headsets and no luck I tried an app called soundabout but no difference.

I have tried all headsets on iPhone 4s and perfect I use them a lot as I'm on the road and travelling and after $700 in headsets I give up..

Love the HTC but will move to new samsung if this can not be resolved by the time a new phone comes out.

Other people who have this as a work phone have the same problem.

Thanks for the update..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo