Which Bluetooth headset gives you the best reception/call quality for the One?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Ive tried 3 different ones thus far (Jabra Extreme 2, the Jabra Supreme and the Motorola Boom) and people on the other end say I sound terrible with all of them.

Have you had any success with a particular model?

Thanks.

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a Plantronics Voyager PRO, sounded like crap.

Ponied up for a Plantronics Voyager Legend (4.0, A2DP, etc.) and it sounds equally like crap.

I called HTC and their response was "You need to find a headset manufacturer who has tested with US." BS. Bluetooth 4.0 and Bluetooth 4.0 should be compatible.

By the way, BOTH of these headsets work flawlessly on my wife's iPhone5 but I won't drink the Apple Kool Aid!

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty crazy. I got the Motorola HX550 and it sounded like complete *** on my iPhone 4. Motorola was nice enough to give me 3 replacements, and didn't have any gripes whatsoever. I tried a Jawbone 1 and a Jawbone era, previously. Everyone told me I sounded like the connection was "tinny" and I've got a pretty deep voice. Unanimously, everyone said I sounded 100 times better without it. That's a pain for me since I spend a ton of time talking on the phone - a TON of time.. The last one I got for the iPhone 4 was that Moto that I linked. Sounded bad on the iPhone, but then I connect it to the HTC One and people say that can't even tell that I'm on a BT headset. So I've been using it and am pretty pleased with it. Battery life has been stellar and I can pop it in my pocket since I don't use that ear loop. It folds up and fits anywhere and it connects with no issues whatsoever. Hopefully the One has some better support for BT so I'll likely try something else after this one wears out. Hopefully the next one doesn't yield the same results as I had before with sounding awful.

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I may have to check out the 550, thanks. The consensus with EVERY caller (but one) said I sounded tinny as well. My voice is deep too. People who understand electronic voice communication (I'm in the industry) agree the MIC volume is way too high.

The one person who thought I sounded okay? HTC Customer Service.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Haha, go figure. It stated it had like a 1 year warranty on it or something so they never had any problems replacing it for me. The units were probably fine and my phone was probably the case. I'm hoping it works for you. I get most of my stuff through Amazon, and if I don't like it, I return it and it's a done deal. Hopefully it works well for you. I've used mine on Android 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 with the same good results. I do like the fit, though it takes a little getting used to and might make your ear sore initially. Just different ear pieces than I was used to, but I can wear it for a long time and just forget I have it in. Voice announce is nice and dictation with it has been great as well. So I made my voice a bit higher and made 2 recordings - one with the earpiece and one without.
Normal HTC One phone recording
Using Motorola H550 earpiece
I know I sound quieter in the earpiece one. Perhaps I could turn it up a little bit and see the results after that. Either way, I don't feel like I sound as tinny as I used to.

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. The OP posted a thread last week about troubles with his HTC One and the same headset you're having success with.

I've NEVER had an issue with a headset. Even when one device (phone or headset) is a newer version than another they're always backward compatible. Knowing full-well both headsets work perfectly on the iPhone5 and knowing others have had issues with the HTC One and various headsets I'm looking toward HTC for a resolution. I'm not expecting anything will be resolved quickly, but it would be nice. I use about 4500 minutes a month so not having a headset is KILLING me!

On the other thread one person had said he had connected multiple headsets without an issue. Maybe it's a build, firmware or software issue. I dunno. I'm running the stock build 4.2.2, software 1.10.605.8 with Verizon.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a Bose headset and a Jawbone icon HD, both offer excellent sound quality and noise canceling, both have a2dp support. Gave Icon HD to my wife, I'm using Bose which offers decent bass

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty crazy. I got the Motorola HX550 and it sounded like complete *** on my iPhone 4. Motorola was nice enough to give me 3 replacements, and didn't have any gripes whatsoever. I tried a Jawbone 1 and a Jawbone era, previously. Everyone told me I sounded like the connection was "tinny" and I've got a pretty deep voice. Unanimously, everyone said I sounded 100 times better without it. That's a pain for me since I spend a ton of time talking on the phone - a TON of time.. The last one I got for the iPhone 4 was that Moto that I linked. Sounded bad on the iPhone, but then I connect it to the HTC One and people say that can't even tell that I'm on a BT headset. So I've been using it and am pretty pleased with it. Battery life has been stellar and I can pop it in my pocket since I don't use that ear loop. It folds up and fits anywhere and it connects with no issues whatsoever. Hopefully the One has some better support for BT so I'll likely try something else after this one wears out. Hopefully the next one doesn't yield the same results as I had before with sounding awful.

I may have to check out the 550, thanks. The consensus with EVERY caller (but one) said I sounded tinny as well. My voice is deep too. People who understand electronic voice communication (I'm in the industry) agree the MIC volume is way too high.

Interesting. The OP posted a thread last week about troubles with his HTC One and the same headset you're having success with.

I've NEVER had an issue with a headset. Even when one device (phone or headset) is a newer version than another they're always backward compatible. Knowing full-well both headsets work perfectly on the iPhone5 and knowing others have had issues with the HTC One and various headsets I'm looking toward HTC for a resolution. I'm not expecting anything will be resolved quickly, but it would be nice. I use about 4500 minutes a month so not having a headset is KILLING me!

On the other thread one person had said he had connected multiple headsets without an issue. Maybe it's a build, firmware or software issue. I dunno. I'm running the stock build 4.2.2, software 1.10.605.8 with Verizon.

Interesting indeed as the Moto 550 was the WORST of the bunch that ive tested thus far. People tell me that I sound robotic and that its downright irritating to them.
I used that headset for years with my Blackberry and no one could ever tell I was using a headset.

The Jabra Extreme 2 seems to be doing the best job of what I have tested thus far but its is by no means a permanent solution.
I also bought the Jabra Supreme which is apparently superior to the above and people told me I sounded just as bad as I did on the Moto 550. Go figure.
I wonder if WiFi signals play a role here or just general interference among channels used in your area.

I live in a high rise in Manhattan and there are at least 20 other interfering wifi signals on my floor alone. Ive read in a couple of places that turning off wifi while using BT can help resolve the problem.
Did nothing for me.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

Iits killing me too. Try the Jabra Extreme 2.

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I live in a high rise in Manhattan and there are at least 20 other interfering wifi signals on my floor alone. Ive read in a couple of places that turning off wifi while using BT can help resolve the problem.
Did nothing for me.

Iits killing me too. Try the Jabra Extreme 2.

I heard the wifi thing too, made no difference to me. I live in the desert so getting MILES away from anything and everything but still having cell service is easy. I tried that too (with phone wifi on and on), still sounds terrible.

Kwitel, did YOU try the Jabra Extreme 2 or are you just suggesting it? If you tried it, did it work?

Seems to me that there is an issue with the BT radio in the One itself as I've not yet heard of anyone having troubles that found a headset that works well yet. If multiple phones are having the same trouble with multiple headsets it looks like the blame is to be placed on HTC. Maybe we should all start reporting it until they do something about it. Click here, click your model/carrier and contact them. If you're in the US or Latin America (English speaking) you can call 1-866-449-8358. Make sure you throw in a punch for me!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Sliver II has been the best headset I've ever used. Comfortable, loud, reads out caller I.D. name, and with the MyMotospeak app, it will read out text messages and allow for you to reply. 300 ft range...but I got it to 100 or so before it crapped out....and it comes with a charging case. Awsome BT and I have owned and still own a lot of BT's!

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

I heard the wifi thing too, made no difference to me. I live in the desert so getting MILES away from anything and everything but still having cell service is easy. I tried that too (with phone wifi on and on), still sounds terrible.

Kwitel, did YOU try the Jabra Extreme 2 or are you just suggesting it? If you tried it, did it work?

Seems to me that there is an issue with the BT radio in the One itself as I've not yet heard of anyone having troubles that found a headset that works well yet. If multiple phones are having the same trouble with multiple headsets it looks like the blame is to be placed on HTC. Maybe we should all start reporting it until they do something about it. Click here, click your model/carrier and contact them. If you're in the US or Latin America (English speaking) you can call 1-866-449-8358. Make sure you throw in a punch for me!

Yes...have been using it for two weeks now.
Its ok; not great by any means. But the others were terrible.
I called HTC today and some "kid" who sounded like he was out on the street "tried" to help me with the problem.
To no avail though...he was utterly useless.

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, this is the OTA update I received yesterday.

Screenshot_2013-10-02-08-20-32.JPG

Maybe I already had 4.2.2 and this is an upgrade to it? From what I read online this is supposed to stop lockups (???) and make the device "run smoother". I've noticed NO difference at all.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, this is the OTA update I received yesterday.

View attachment 84078

Maybe I already had 4.2.2 and this is an upgrade to it? From what I read online this is supposed to stop lockups (???) and make the device "run smoother". I've noticed NO difference at all.

I just got a notification for it too.
I have no idea what it is; will start another thread to investigate.

Craig T1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty upset HTC will not fix this problem, as I spend hours on my phone and have a Voyger Pro headset and it sounds so bad... Don't buy a HTC one if you want to use a bluetooth headset..

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Well none of the ones I bought for my iPhone worked either. I can't narrow it down and think that Bluetooth technology simply sucks. I've dealt with it enough even on computers to simply hate it. But I can't point the finger at HTC, Apple, etc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Craig T1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been lucky on my old iphone and my wife's new iPhone it's works amazing. I also tested on the nexus 4 and perfect is just the HTC....

Posted via Android Central App from HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey