HTC One Screen Mirroring (Miracast)

CAPT Steve

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Same issue...when I got my new TV in March screen sharing worked, now it doesn't. Had a couple of software updates on the TV [Sony] and a couple of updates on the phone. When I tried screen sharing a couple weeks ago it now shows 2 listings for the TV - Miracast and DLNA. The DLNA says it's connected but the TV doesn't recognize it. I downloaded a "media server" app and with it running I can share media, but not the actual screen like it did originally. The included on the phone app "Media Share" doesn't seem to be working -- I suspect that's the issue??

MAYANK LAMBA

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Screen mirroring was going fine with sense 5.5 but after updating to sense 6 miracast isn't working. wifi direct working alright now but miracast shows unable to connect.

kaiser_bz_ro

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem with my 2014 Samsung Smart TV.... Maybe the update (sense 6) disabled this on purpose so that we buy their crap HTC media link.... M7 is my first HTC phone but if this problem wont be fixed with an update it will be my last HTC device. If someone found a way to do mirror on a Samsung Smart TV please help.

Thank you

Griffin Walter

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It seems that after upgrade HTC sense 5.5 to 6.0 , mircast can't work.
I have read on other thread talking about this issue, it said htc will solve the compatibility issue by next update,
but didn't know the exactly timing. I have reached the call center , they told me the same info.
So just wait and hope can fix it as soon as possible.

I have the same problem with my 2014 Samsung Smart TV.... Maybe the update (sense 6) disabled this

dEe_eNd

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea... Last update screwed Media link for me... Can't send a movie to with and multitask... Have to leave phone awake

Posted via Android Central App

Haikgh

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The update for HTC One M8 v 3.28.401.6 (4.4.4) is out today already, but I haven't receive yet, is there anyone here who did and can confirm if the screen mirroring works again ?
Thanks

Jeff Hoefler

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with 626s, after update no miracast to TV or projector. I feel abandoned by HTC, all I get from customer service is dumb questions. My wife's phone didn't update so hers works fine. I guess the answer is to go LG. I have had HTC for many years, but they made my phone unusable for casting for 3 months so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca