HTC One Screen Mirroring (Miracast)

musti35

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends;

I have LG Smart TV 2013 model.
TV has miracast function .

I want to buy HTC One.

Has HTC One Screen mirroring function like Samsung Galaxy S4?
Galaxy S4 connects to tv wirelessly without using any adapter/dongle.(e.g. Netgear)

I know how watch videos-pictures on tv by DLNA

I want connect HTC One's screen to my LG TV wirelessly. (without any additional device)

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
It should work if I understand Miracast. All that is required is that the device have wifi direct capability, which the HTC One does. There is an LG specific app available from the Play Store. I have also heard of Miracast having interoperability problems even among supposedly certified devices, so the standard is still having some growing pains.

musti35

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you;

Yes; i mean miracast.
LG Tv(LA660) has miracast and Wi-Fi Direct function

LG Optimus G has miracast function , Samsung Galaxy S4 has screen mirroring function.
You can watch these phones screens on LG tv wirelessly.(without any additional device/adapter)

HTC One has Media Output , but i don't know i can watch HTC One's screen on my Tv wirelessly ( by miracast)

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I use HTC one with HTC media link, mirror perfectly. It sure mirrors with LG miracast too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

musti35

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks;

Can I watch Htc One's screen on my LG tv wirelessly with this app?

I don't want watch only youtube, videos , pictures on my TV (This is Dlna) (I have HTC HD2 and already i can use DLNA)
I want see HTC One's screen on TV

For Example: In this video you can see miracast function LG optimus G between LG LA smart TV
Miracast How to - YouTube

Last edited:

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks;

Can I watch Htc One's screen on my LG tv wirelessly with this app?

I don't want watch only youtube, videos , pictures on my TV (This is Dlna) (I have HTC HD2 and already i can use DLNA)
I want see HTC One's screen on TV

For Example: In this video you can see miracast function LG optimus G between LG LA smart TV
Miracast How to - YouTube

It should work with 4.2 or above, I use HTC media link HD, it mirrors perfectly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

musti35

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
HTC One got 4.2.2 update.

I don't want to use any additional device like HTC Media link.
LG Optimus G and Samsung S4 don't use any additional device for wireless display(screen mirroring). You can see this in video above

There isn't any answer more.

As a result; I think I can't watch HTC One's screen on Tv wirelessly without any additional device
If you want wireless display(miracast) ; HTC says "Buy Media Link" :(

Last edited by a moderator:

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
There isn't any answer more.

As a result; I think I can't watch HTC One's screen on Tv wirelessly without any additional device
If you want wireless display(miracast) ; HTC says "Buy Media Link" :(

That's not true......in fact with 4.2, built in miracast does mirror. In short any device with 4.2 does screen share with miracast certified TVs

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

musti35

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried this app on my HTC HD2
This app is for watching youtube videos on tv.

Not for wireless display

I hope so , you are right.
It will be perfect if I won't buy HTC media link.

Last edited by a moderator:

musti35

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
That's not true......in fact with 4.2, built in miracast does mirror. In short any device with 4.2 does screen share with miracast certified TVs

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Christian Lindqvist

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC One with 4.2.2 and have tried it a couple of times in the electronics store with different tvs they find each other and ask for premission to connect but they cant connect :-(

rodriguezbg

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have tried with HTC One and Samsung 40F6400 Smart TV.

It works without any additional HW, but it is not easy to connect. Most of the times it will just fail to connect, but once they are connected it works fine.

Steps:
1. From TV - just go to Source -> Screen Mirroring
2. From HTC One - Settings -> Media Output

After few attempts, finally as a result you will see your phone screen on the TV.

d47e

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Probably too late, but you definitely can see the HTC One screen on an LG smart TV. I connected my HTC One to my girlfriend's LG. You obviously need to ensure both the phone and the TV are connected to the same network, then on the TV open the smart hub menu, scroll right until you see the connect a mobile device option. Once connected the phone's screen is mirrored on the TV. You don't need to install or run any apps on the phone or anything.

Hackett00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have tried with HTC One and Samsung 40F6400 Smart TV.

It works without any additional HW, but it is not easy to connect. Most of the times it will just fail to connect, but once they are connected it works fine.

Steps:
1. From TV - just go to Source -> Screen Mirroring
2. From HTC One - Settings -> Media Output

After few attempts, finally as a result you will see your phone screen on the TV.

Yep, i've been doing this with my Samsung 60F7100 series TV. It almost always takes at least 3 or 4 attempts to pair the phone with the TV...but after you get it connected it's very stable. Very solid feature on this phone that I didn't even know was possible until about month ago.

ohlad

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Did you update to sense 6? After updating to sense 6 I can no longer use screen mirroring on my HTC One. Do you have the same problem?

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung tv but it's not a smart tv. In my tv source menu I don't have a mirroring option and pressing scan on the phone under HTC media output reveals nothing so I'm guessing for me that's not possible?

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

roshan thomas

May 31, 2014
Visit site
@Ohlad

I have the same issue too..

Till before sense 6 update, things were fine with me. I use a Sony Bravia 32W 700B.
Hope HTC will fix the issue with a new update..

bruinend

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes i have exactly the same problem!
And I just bought the Samsung UE48H5500, so I thought it was the TV.

It worked 1 time, then I did the HTC Sense update and it doesn't work anymore...