This Is Driving Me Crazy!

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Every time I connect my HTC One to my computer I get this error message:

Then when I check Explorer, I see this:

I have nothing in the CD drive. I don't want, need or care anything at all about HTC Sync Manager. I do not have it installed on my computer. Why do I always get this crap when I connect to my computer?

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
You need the drivers. At least that's what it looks like to me. You can probably Google for HTC drivers specific to your operating system.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Other options: reboot, or try different USB port.

Well, I'll try all that, but it does the same thing on my laptop. Doesn't anyone else have this problem? I don't understand why the Sync Manager files show up as a CD in Explorer when I plug in. What could be so different on both of my computers from everyone else out there in HTC Land. Maybe there is something different about my phone?

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Then perhaps do a reset of your phone? I would agree that it's odd that it's happening on both the laptop and PC.

dmack0706

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You need HTC sync. You don't have to use it but as the post said before, you need the drivers so it can get the rest of info from the phone.

Posted from the ONE!

dmack0706

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Early smart phones came with a CD to download that stuff now its pack inside these phone. Downloading new HTC sync gives you the divers so your computer knows your phones language.

Posted from the ONE!

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Early smart phones came with a CD to download that stuff now its pack inside these phone. Downloading new HTC sync gives you the divers so your computer knows your phones language.

Posted from the ONE!

Thanks. I'll do that, but why in the world would they set it up that way. That means every time I connect to a different computer, I get error messages...

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I installed Sync Manager, and now I get this:

It loads what looks like a video, but then freezes. I still get the driver message. I guess I will just have to live with the error messages every time I connect it to any of my computers..

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I just find it amazing that more people have not complained about this ridiculous piece of software that you are forced to install. I installed it on my laptop, and after about five tries it seemed to work. Now every time I connect the HTC to it, this sync program pops up requesting to screw up all my content! I uninstalled it, and now I will have to live with the error messages. On my desktop, Sync Manager just crashes. I tried to reinstall it several times - no help. No other Android device has ever made me do this...

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow. What OS are you running?

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

That would be what looks like windows 8, I can't see the start orb or the show desktop button. Contrary to popular belief, windows can actually be heavily themed just by using the built in theme tools.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
As a last ditch effort; and I'm just grabbing at straws here: Make sure that you have the most current Windows Updates on your PC and LPTop. If you, are, running Windows 8, then its possible that if you don't have all the updates, it could be the issue.... but I doubt it. Everything is worth a try. With all that said, and all that we've done to try to fix your issue, the end would be that there is something defective within your phone perhaps.

Good Luck!

Chris

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. I am running Windows 7, and yes, it is up to date. I may give AT&T support a try, but usually their answer to every thing is to do a factory reset. I just spent too much time setting it up to do that. I think for now I will just live with it, and at some time in the future put on CM (I really hate the bloatware). Right now it is a work phone, and I can't live with the small bugs you get when rooted. I put CM10.1 on my Nook HD+ ($149!), and it works, but there are bugs.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
the same thing happens to me, sort of...

whenever i plug my phone into my computer (mac), the htc sync CD appears on my desktop. i trashed the software after the first frustrating days with it and use android file transfer or airdroid (obviously not plugged in at that point) to transfer files.

yes, i have to close the htc sync window. and yes it's annoying. but i suspect it's as unavoidable for you on a PC as it is for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac