cant find...

EdiS91

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
In the list of ABOUT it does not exist the option of software update. There are only help, network.phone identify. Hardware informstion. Software information. Legal information. Why?? For the moment i have 4.2.2

Posted via Android Central App

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Might not be helpful at all since I have Sense 4+, but 'System Updates' is a separate item under Settings listed right above 'About.'

Sent from my 2012 EVO via Android Central App

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Edi,

Have you rooted your Device? If you're using a rooted ROM, then you will not have that option. And I think, that you're looking in the wrong spot anyway; it "would be" under in settings, then all the way to the bottom, not under the about section (I think). But like i said, IF YOU'RE ROOTED and running a different ROM other than stock, YOU WILL NOT, have the option to update, OTA. Hope this helps.

Hope this helps!

EdiS91

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think that my htc one is rooted. Can i unrooted it??? I am looking for the icon of software update but i cant find it. Do i have another way to update my htc one later with 4.3 or 4.4k?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think that my htc one is rooted. Can i unrooted it??? I am looking for the icon of software update but i cant find it. Do i have another way to update my htc one later with 4.3 or 4.4k?

Is 4.3 out yet? Don't think it is.

Also Edi use the threads you made already.. This is like your 4th one on the same subject.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

EdiS91

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah you are right but i need an answer and this is the reason. The point of forum is to get an anseer and if i cant get it i will ask again.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you are right but i need an answer and this is the reason. The point of forum is to get an anseer and if i cant get it i will ask again.

Also the point of a forum is for everyone to be able to ask and you flooding threads with the same question instead of asking again in your thread you made isn't fair to the other people.

Either way you may be rooted.. Did you buy the phone from someone? You should know if you're rooted.. You'd have to do it.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings > software information > then more and take a screenshot of what it says. (example below)

Attachments

• 1379082115682.jpg
    1379082115682.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 13

EdiS91

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes i bought the phone from someone. And you are right it is root. Can i unroot it or i must tske this phone to a service to do it for me?

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Rooting voids most service. READ this thread ([GUIDE] How to Return to 100% Stock - xda-developers) and determine if you are able to do it yourself, if you need help, provide as much information as you can so those of us willing to help, can. Things like what you are currently running, what region of the world, etc. If you have friends who play with Android phones and root, they will likely be able to help you if you are intimidated by the process.